Removing Bio Sculpture questions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have had 2 friends this week who have come for Shellac with me.
They both said they had Bio Sculpture and wanted them removed.

The first said that her nail tech did not buff the top coat, so I soaked with acetone pads and foil 10 mins and removed them in about 25 mins., They mainly crumbled off, with slight problems on the tips where they seemed more stubborn. Her nails were very white and soft. She said that her nail tech buffed the nail plate normally before re-applying .

Second friend told me that her nail tech buffed the top layer , so I buffed it with a 240 file , soaked as above, and even after 30 mins they were still not coming off on the tips. It took me 45 mins and her nail tips seemed to have a layer of sculpture gel on , as she has quite flat nails and her nails had been sculpted slightly. She said her nail tech did not buff the nail plate to re-apply!
What should I have done differently,? and do they both sound like they are bio sculpture.
Both girls have weak bendy nails , although the first was softer than the second.

Sounds like maybe the bio sculpture techs hadn't used exec base if the overlays were stubborn?! And with bio sculpture you normally don't buff the nail plate at all. You would have to buff the top of the overlay to soak off if uv top coat had been used

I always give the gel a few good swipes with my file to break down the gel, then wrap in foil, don't be stingy with the acetone.

Break the seal and wrap each nail, by the time you have finished wrapping all nails, the first nail should be ready to remove.

Don't force the gel, re-wrap if necessary.

It normally takes 30 minutes to remove all gel, cut, file and tidy cuticles.

Bio no longer advise buffing the nail but the nail must be clear of all product.

Jacqui xx

Like Jacqui, I swipe with a file to break the top layer of gel before applying oil and soakoff wraps. 240 file is probably not man enough for this swipe!

I always find it takes longer to remove another tech's bio - I have a lady who lives near the salon who has purchased a 6 month bio package at a bio desk in a department store. She has been in to me 3 times for a repair and I find the gel is applied sooo thickly that there is often a bobbly texture to the nail once the gel has (seemingly) lifted off. I do find applying heat (via a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel) helps, but it is quite frustrating and time consuming. I charge her extra.

Are your friends using oil (solar or bio?) I suspect not given what you have explained. Sell them solar oil and get them to religiously apply. Bio is just as needy of aftercare as shellac. I have a 2 weekly client who applies her oil regularly and her nails are gorgeous at every service.

Latest posts

Back