Removing mascara from lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeeker

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on the best product and technique to use to totally get rid of mascara stuck at the roots of the lashes prior to infills?

I'm struggling!

Thanks

Can anyone advise on the best product and technique to use to totally get rid of mascara stuck at the roots of the lashes prior to infills?

I'm struggling!

Thanks

This would interested me. It's not an easy task 😄

Assuming they have used a water based mascara then I use protein remover pads and if quite stubborn then I use two micro brushes with a liquid based water based remover to sweep the lash from root to tip!

I have not had to use it yet but have been told diluted baby shampoo is great for cleaning lashes I keep some in just in case a client needs stubborn mascara removing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for the replies, microbrushes it is!

If you hold the lash in just the right place, you can actually use your tweezers to 'unstick' the blob and slide up the lash.

I cant remember the last time I used any sort of remover to clean lashes and I never have a problem.

x

You'll get to know which clients repeatedly turn up with mascara lodged in their lashes and it takes AGES to get out.

I advise them to wash their lashes thoroughly with Johnson's baby shampoo before they come for infills and, if they don't, I include the time it takes me to clean them as part of their infill time. I explain nicely that they are wasting their money by paying for my time to clean them when they could do this at home.

This usually does the trick.

Latest posts

Back