removing nail polish.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michark

Reaction score
hey,
does anyone have any tricks to removing dark colored nail polish and it not staining the skin around the nail?when i do remove the polish it comes off well but there is still a little staining.

thanks.

If you make the cotton wool too wet with remover, it will make the varnish "run" into the skin around the nail - try using less it may help?

hey,
does anyone have any tricks to removing dark colored nail polish and it not staining the skin around the nail?when i do remove the polish it comes off well but there is still a little staining.

thanks.
Make sure you use a basecoat,helps prevent nails staining though have to say even with basecoat my nails stain.Avoid going onto the skin when removing try and swipe cotton pad in a downwards movement,soak the polish prior to removing with a cotton ball soaked in remover,makes it far easier and helps to stop going over the skin and staining.HTH

Hold it on the nail for a few seconds and wipe downwards, stay on the nail and try not to put it over the finger!

Hold it on the nail for a few seconds and wipe downwards, stay on the nail and try not to put it over the finger!
I agree, we were taught in school to hold it on the nail count to 3 then stroke down, most of the time you can remove most of it with one swipe!

Maybe you could apply some vaseline (petroleum jelly) to the skin surrounding the nails too, so just in case it does run a little it shouldn't stain

Also, make sure you start with the pinky and move inwards towards the thumb. This just means you have the smallest amount of polish on the pad first.

Latest posts

Back