Rental Room for Nails What do you think??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just been to see a nail room, guy asked £70 per week.
It is about 9 x 7 feet, it has a sink in the room and a toilet off the room with another sink. Only down side is, it is the only toilet, so anyone using the sunbeds or other staff working there would need to go through the nail room.
Other girl left last week, she also did waxing, she used her waxing couch as nail desk too. I couldn't manage that way. Would get back ache, so I would leave waxing at my home salon.
So I would only do Nails, Manis & Pedis.
I offered him £50 per week, he said OK, try it for 6 months, new flooring to go down before it is let and has just been painted. Not the colours I like, but fine for now.
Another good side is the nail girl didn't take her cleints as she is working in a different trade now. People are coming in looking to get their nails done.
So came home, took hubby to see it, he said go for it!!
But will still keep my home salon too, just incase this doesn't work out.
What do you all think????
Getting excited now, left my number with lady looking after sunbeds for him to call me tomorrow.
Lotsa luv x x :hug: :hug: x x

Hey yeah it sounds good but not sure on people walking through the room to go to the toilet, it doesn't look professional.
Posted via Mobile Device

It sounds a good offer, just one thing though.You say that evrybody has to go through your room to gain acess to the toilet.
If your not there would you be able to leave your stuff there with out the fear of it being touched? Or would it mean you having to pack everything away each day?
:hug:

Hi,
To be honest there is 4 sunbeds in the place, and I have gone there for some time, I have never used the loo, and really I think it would just be the staff on reception desk or my clients.
I would also make it clear that they could only come through to loo when my client has left.
I could just pop out and say any one need the loo before my next client?
I have struggled to get my home salon running as I live over a mile into a park, really out in the sticks, so unless they come by car or taxi, they cannot get to me.
Defo no passing trade.
He said 6 months at £50 pw, then see how it is, but if it is no good after say 3 - 4 months I am free to go.
The other girl only came in when she felt like it, when she had earned enough fot that week, she did no more.
I would start off with Wed,Thur & Fri, 9am - 5pm, Saturdays can be a problem until end September as I have promised Hubby that I will help with his business...Bouncy castles and shows etc, but from Sept, it finishes until next May, the Saturday work he has he can do with his own helper. By next year if all goes well I won't be working with hubby at all..I hope I will be too busy. Hope by then I am working Tuesday - Saturday.
Security wise, my desk has locks on it, so would put things away, Plus I could have a lockable wall cupboard too.
Thanks for concern x x :hug: x x

Last edited:
Sounds like you have Nothing to loose then...I'd go for it
Good luck
:hug:

£50 a week sounds pretty reasonable, I was paying that a few years ago in my local village. My only concern would be the security of stock when you`re not there?
I know a Beauty Therapist who used to rent a room in a hair salon and whenever she was off they would help themselves to her stock, even her spray tan equipment which they had no idea how to operate correctly or clean!!
If you are only going to do nails, manicure and pedicure treatments you could invest in a trolley/case and take most of it home each day, with the exception of larger items.
If you can afford the £50 for a few months then go for it!
GOOD LUCK :)

£50 a week sounds pretty reasonable, I was paying that a few years ago in my local village. My only concern would be the security of stock when you`re not there?
I know a Beauty Therapist who used to rent a room in a hair salon and whenever she was off they would help themselves to her stock, even her spray tan equipment which they had no idea how to operate correctly or clean!!
If you are only going to do nails, manicure and pedicure treatments you could invest in a trolley/case and take most of it home each day, with the exception of larger items.
If you can afford the £50 for a few months then go for it!
GOOD LUCK :)
Hi Hun,
The new desk has 2 lockable cupboards, hubby said he will fix a lockable cupboard on the wall for me. I also have a trolley/case which I had to use all of the time in my last salon, I didn't even have a door on my nail room there.
But if it picks up, I will be in most days anyway.
I am not doing spray tanning or waxing, as the salon owner already does spray tanning, but keeping my home salon all set up, if anyone wants to come there in the evenings for spray tan or waxing, or just can't make my salon hours.
That way I can see which works best for me.
Thanks tons x x :hug: x x

£50 a week is very good!i have just taken on a room in a hairdressers and i am paying £30 a day, only doing Fri and Sat at mo, does that sound alot? I was fully booked last week, so managed to cover costs. Not sure about people walking through room to go to loo, i would say put a sign up (do not disturb) or something, or else tell people they can use the loo when you are not with a client like you said. Good luck with it hun!:hug:

Latest posts

Back