Renting A Room For Spray Tanning Only ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunSpray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a spray tan tech and have been offered the use of a room within a hairdressers. I just can't see it working as I imagine the more treatments you offer, the better.

I'm only available part-time, so then there'd be working out which days/hours would be best, as well as the fee/profit share to work out with the salon owner.

Just wondered what you think?

The hairdressers is in the middle of a busy high street with no other spray tanning on offer nearby.

Thanks in advance xx

I know of someone who has a room in a hairdressers (full beauty therapy services). She pays a fixed percentage on whatever she makes, there is no room rental fee. If she doesn't work, she doesn't pay.

Being in the High Street is a good place to be for walk by business. You could stand outside and hand out leaflets to passersby to get your name out there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Madamgooch (love your name by the way),

That's just it though - I perfectly understand that a beauty therapist offering a full range of services can successfully operate from a rented room in a hair salon, but with only offering one l'il service, I just can't see it working.

Just wondering for those of you salon-based who offer spray tanning, could I be cheeky and ask which days of the week you're busiest please, and on these days how many walk-ins do you get? Sorry if that's being too nosey. Walk-ins are my worry - regarding the skin prep and all that (or lack of it) - I'm very proud to deliver great spray tans but I also know that great client skin prep can make all the difference in achieving a fabulous result.

Thanks xx

I started off doing nail enhancements and spray tanning however have since added eye treatments and waxing etc.

However, my biggest money maker is my spray tanning. On Thursdays I offer spray tans at £15 per tan instead of £20 (Fake tan Thursdays). Thursday evening is my buisiest night. I average around 10-15 appointments on a Thursday night. I get the odd one or two on a Friday, very few Tues and Weds. HTH:hug:

Edited to add -

If I get a walk in, I have two solutions.

1 = For an extra £5 I can prep their skin using my brand's exfoliation prep spray. It's a quick 5 minute rub down.
2 = I explain that as they have not prepped their tan may not be 100% perfect and ask if they would still like to go ahead, giving them an information leaflet for the next time explaining how to prep if they go ahead.

Hey Sunspray

Can you lease the room on a 3mths trial? See how it works out for you?

Lorraine xx

Great information, thanks Bracky, and very good suggestion Lorraine. Will have to think some more ... xx

I rent a room in a hairdressers and it works really well. Make sure you get the stylists and juniors sprayed up, its amazing how much business that brings.

HTH

B xxx

I am getting a beauty room in a months time, which I am currently in negations over price, I only offer Nail services and threading at the moment.

I was looking at getting someone in to do spray tanning and was thinking along the lines of what ever they earn they keep (obvouisly) and pay a rent of £20 a week to me. I would take clients appointments for them etc so then they can come and go as they please.....That way we would be helping each other out!

It might be an idea to see if anyone is offering that in your area!

Hope it helps!

Latest posts

Back