Renting a room for spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hello as some of you know my sister used to be on here and she is a spray tan technician and i want to ask this question on her behalf.

She has been looking to rent a room in the local hairdressers to do spray tanning in their beauty room, they charge £20.00 a day rent. Does this sound ok? or too much? thanks x

Sounds like a fair price but she has to ask herself how is she going to pay this if she doesnt get any clients on the day/days that she is there,
if your sister is Rebecka then i remember that clients seemed to have a problem once they found out your sisters age,
it may be more profitable for her to advertise in schools and colleges and universities, people in these areas will be less bothered by her age and it will give her the chance to get the experience she needs to deal with people that may challenge her about her age,
give her our best wishes in what ever choice she makes :hug:

I think that's a fair price! I'd certainly pay it! Of course it does greatly depend on what the salon is like, it's location etc, but it sounds like a good deal to me on the face of it. Things like that do just take time to build up so she needs to have the money to afford to pay the rent if she doesn't get any clients for a while, as the salon will want her to sign some form of agreement or contract.

I was recently approached by the manager of a branch of a famous chain of hair salons (rhymes with stoney and high!) to do spray tanning in a room in one of their salons. They wanted an extortionate amount of money! My absolute final offer to them was £12.50 per hour and they decided not to take me up on my offer! Wonder if they've got anyone!!??

Wish your sister good luck in her venture:hug:

I think that's a fair price! I'd certainly pay it! Of course it does greatly depend on what the salon is like, it's location etc, but it sounds like a good deal to me on the face of it. Things like that do just take time to build up so she needs to have the money to afford to pay the rent if she doesn't get any clients for a while, as the salon will want her to sign some form of agreement or contract.

I was recently approached by the manager of a branch of a famous chain of hair salons (rhymes with stoney and high!) to do spray tanning in a room in one of their salons. They wanted an extortionate amount of money! My absolute final offer to them was £12.50 per hour and they decided not to take me up on my offer! Wonder if they've got anyone!!??

Wish your sister good luck in her venture:hug:

wow thats exsessive!!! I think the price she has been offered is very good, the hair dressers is very popular theres always people in there, the lady said she would have a big poster up on the shop window advertising her tanning, she was thinking of doing a small trial for a week, as the lady has said to her there is no certain amount of days she has to do, each week she can pick which days she wants, so i think she should do something like fridays and wednesdays. x

Thursday, Friday and Saturday would be the busiest days hun,
for all the party animals out there that want to look tanned and beautiful for their nights out hth

hi I think £20 is fair I would tell your sister to try it for a week or two see how she gets on or even have a word with the manager and get the promotion into gear first before she starts ie. get posters up in the window, get the hair dressers telling clients that they are having a lady come in to do spray tanning the week commencing etc and even print afew posters and take them round to the local shops asking if they can put them in the window, im certain if you say it is a new business venture they would help. I dont care how old your sister is if she is good at her job then age does not matter I am nearly forty but look about early twenties I am told I am to young to have so much experience and qualifications but when they see the end results they are happy and come back. your sister will find this as well once people get over her age and see the great results they will no longer bother. good luck with your spray tanning venture hun hope its fab. also dont forget to leave some leaflets at the salon on the reception desk and the seating area for clients to take with them/ or read whilst waiting for treatment. ( get all the promotion in place for a couple of weeks ready for the big day) :) tell all your friends and family, go to college and hand out leaflets promoting the big day.

Thanks for all your advise ladies ive showed her all what u have said. She is young but i wish i had started as young as her, and i think this would give her a great start off, rather than do it for school kids as no1 of 16 or younger can afford it or not allowed it. She does do a fantastic job! But we have noticed over the yaers that the hairdressers has been open they had sunbeds but now they dont, they had piercing but now they dont and they have done nails but now they dont, so i really dont know if its wise as they clearly tried out all of these but didnt get enough trade, i think she could possibly look elsewhere?x

Do you not have a gym or a beauty salon nearby that does not do tanning? maybe she could ask there if she could come in 1 day a week and do her tanning and give them a % of what she makes for that day. I currently do nails and makeup but have just trained in spray tanning so i am also thinking of this idea.

Do you not have a gym or a beauty salon nearby that does not do tanning? maybe she could ask there if she could come in 1 day a week and do her tanning and give them a % of what she makes for that day. I currently do nails and makeup but have just trained in spray tanning so i am also thinking of this idea.

There are a few gyms nearby plenty of beauty salons and hairdressers she is spoilt for choice. What baffles me though is people have to do before care before they have a tan, so what if no has booked in for that day that shes there what happens then?x confused :irked:

The pre-tan advice could be given to the client over the phone or sent out to them before they go for the tan so then they will be prepared for their tan. With sienna x i got leaflets i could send out but if ur sis could make her own care leaflets she could send them out. Maybe she could be in charge of taking her own bookungs and arrange that she would go into the salon on that particular day but if no clients dont go in or just go in to promote herself to existing clients of the gym/beauty salon/hairdressers

Hello as some of you know my sister used to be on here and she is a spray tan technician and i want to ask this question on her behalf.

She has been looking to rent a room in the local hairdressers to do spray tanning in their beauty room, they charge £20.00 a day rent. Does this sound ok? or too much? thanks x
That sounds fine £20 i would pay that x:)

Latest posts

Back