Repair on natural nail but without product cover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeka3pn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope you can help me on this one, I have seen many threads on repairing but my Mum does not want anymore product applied?
Last week I removed my Mums enhancements, (first time she has had them), and explained why her nails would be soft and to take extra care as she would not have the strength of the enhancements she had been used to and to continue applying solar oil. Explained that after 2/3 days it was even more important to use solar oil as this was the time her nails were more likely to split/crack as the nail's moisture content returned to normal.
Any how Mum phoned me last night to say that when lifting some items they fell and one of her nails bent right back and has split around the zone 2/3 area.
I was going to pop round tonight and repair it as it is causing pain, can I just do the following as she does not want any more product applied over the top.
1. scrubfresh the split to ensure it's clean.
2. apply gel bond to repair the crack
3. apply a coat of toughen up

Or should I leave it alone all together?
All advice gratefully received,

Ali xx:|

Hi Ali,

Do you have any silk or fibreglass. This is excellent for repairing a natural nail.

Unfortunately I am only qualified in L&P at the moment, (training for Gels booked for the new year :) ), so I haven't had the training to apply it.

Ali x

Unfortunately I am only qualified in L&P at the moment, (training for Gels booked for the new year :) ), so I haven't had the training to apply it.

Ali x

it's simple to do a repair, just get some resin, activator & fibreglass, coat the nail thinly with a coat of resin and allow to dry. Cut a piece of fibreglass enough to cover the split, saturate the fibreglass with resin and spray with activator. Do another coat of resin and repeat with activator. buff it down gently to make it smooth and voila! It's always worth having it in your kit for emergencies like these! :lol:

Latest posts

Back