Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tested about 3 days before my period is due for the last 3 months. This time I've not bought any tests and I am going to wait till at least 2 days after I'm due! I am always bang on time to the day with my periods.

I'm like everyone else, too impatient! Lol

My friend has just given me a pack of the Centrenium ones (think that's the name) she said if she took them on an empty stomach they made her feel a bit queasy, but other than that nothing else.

Sorry chellebelle004 I seem to have taken over your thread! Lol x

Yes I've read that actually. I'll probably do it Wednesday morning. The thing is deep down I know it'll come and I'll probably be like this month on month. Relax girl relax!
Thanks for replying. Sometimes you just need to tell someone don't you

Been doing this for around 6 months now ... You get your hopes up and then bang ! The disappointment. Even went to the docs for a check up and am perfectly healthy ... Just frustrating :( I stopped telling my partner anything as he just builds his hopes up and then gets disappointed so I promised myself to only tell him when the news are positive :/

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Let us know how you get on, how long were you on the pill for? X

I've only been off it since January so this would be my second natural period. My first one was bang in time so I guess I was assuming this one would be. I'm still going to give it today and test tomorrow morning of nothing.
I've got slightly tender boobs and a bit of a niggle in my tummy but I did google in early pregnancy you can get period type pain around the time it's due.. Flippin google hey!
And baby chops you haven't taken over at all, I like reading other peoples thoughts and experiences on it all.
I'm taking seven seas pre pregnancy vitamins and have seemed fine on them. I take them every lunch time and they come in a handy pill type packet with the days on which help.

Been doing this for around 6 months now ... You get your hopes up and then bang ! The disappointment. Even went to the docs for a check up and am perfectly healthy ... Just frustrating :( I stopped telling my partner anything as he just builds his hopes up and then gets disappointed so I promised myself to only tell him when the news are positive :/

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I imagine I'll be like it every month too.
My husband kept asking me id come on Everytime I went to the loo last night. Kn the end he said he'll try and put it to the back of his mind bless him

I've tested about 3 days before my period is due for the last 3 months. This time I've not bought any tests and I am going to wait till at least 2 days after I'm due! I am always bang on time to the day with my periods.

I'm like everyone else, too impatient! Lol

I think that's sensible. I told myself I wouldn't start the game of testing before I'm due. That's why I'm waiting til tomorrow as I'll be 2 days late then. I'd rather not have the disappointment of a negative and know it's because I didn't give my period a chance to show.
Good luck x

I was the same! With my first I tested on the day I was due and got nothing. Fed up all day, moaned to a pregnant friend who gave me a load of her unused kits! One was digital so I saved it to do the next morning and sent hubby out for wine and takeaway! Was getting terrible period pains whilst he was out so nipped off to do the digital test that night, (impatient!), just to make sure I could drink the wine, and got a big, fat, clear positive! Then got the old test out the bin and held it up to the light and it was positive, just really pale! Fingers crossed for you xx

I tested 4 days early and got positive test with my last two babies. I didn't really need the test though as I knew probably a week before. I just felt full. I also knew what sex each baby was without finding out at the scan. My boy was called "him" from the get go and my little girls were "her".
I usally guess when others are pregnant too. I will just look and think "you are pregnant" and then a few weeks later they announce it. I am right on guessing the sex of the babys in others 50% of the time ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like you have a sixth sense for these things. During my week after ovulation I just kept thinking 'it's happened' 'I just know it'
I've even been off the wine but it have nothing to back it up other than a gut feeling but it's early days in trying and it's more excitement of thinking this could actually happen. No wonder my periods not here.. I'm too focused on it!

I was the same! With my first I tested on the day I was due and got nothing. Fed up all day, moaned to a pregnant friend who gave me a load of her unused kits! One was digital so I saved it to do the next morning and sent hubby out for wine and takeaway! Was getting terrible period pains whilst he was out so nipped off to do the digital test that night, (impatient!), just to make sure I could drink the wine, and got a big, fat, clear positive! Then got the old test out the bin and held it up to the light and it was positive, just really pale! Fingers crossed for you xx

Again this is a nice story. So you were getting period type pains!?
I'm still going to make myself wait til tomorrow because morning would be better than this evening to get an accurate result.
I wonder if I'll be back on here later saying sorry guys false alarm! (Hope not) x

I was the other extreme. I was convinced I couldn't be pregnant (after all these years) and was probably starting the menopause. I had just turned 43. I'd didn't have morning sickness but I had other pregnancy symptoms. However, as I'd suffered from PCOS and endometriosis for many years, I knew my chances of conceiving normally were substantially reduced.

It was about eight weeks after my last period before I finally bought a kit to test. Talk about shocked!

I didn't tell my partner for another week as I was still convinced it must be wrong. I took 4 tests before I accepted the happy result.

Baby chops I've heard of people having unpleasant symptoms, but I'd defo do some research or maybe try other brands. I'd recommend taking them to be honest as every time I have conceived (after a long time trying) it was after taking pregnacare. You may already know but they have stuff in them for healthy babies but also help with imbalances in b vitamins and things like that that can help with not just conception, but implantation and having a nice fluffy wall lining! You have to weigh up though if its making you feel like that xx

I also totally dont think its in your head but I do think your body creates symptoms when you're trying and wanting so hard. Myself and other friends have had it, v painful . boobs, a change in your cycle thats not normal, being sick etc and I dont think its psychological, I think your body creates them in a "phantom pregnancy" type way. Good luck xxx

I tested 4 days early and got positive test with my last two babies. I didn't really need the test though as I knew probably a week before. I just felt full. I also knew what sex each baby was without finding out at the scan. My boy was called "him" from the get go and my little girls were "her".
I usally guess when others are pregnant too. I will just look and think "you are pregnant" and then a few weeks later they announce it. I am right on guessing the sex of the babys in others 50% of the time ;)

I tested early too both times the day before, I just knew I was pregnant anyway, I don't know how or why I just had that gut feeling. I got sex right the first time but was way off with the second ha ha!

Good luck chellebelle hope you get those two blue lines!

It's really nice and reassuring to read other peoples views and experiences.

I totally agree on the phantom pregnancy thing. I think you can create symptoms within your own mind.

I hope that's not what I'm doing but... On the way home from work just now I suddenly got a very metallic taste and it's at that point I thought.. This could actually be happening.. Seeings as there's no period yet! I'm still going to try to wait til the morning for the most accurate result. I've got one test in and brought a pack of two at lunch time so I can be sure if I get the positive.
I'll be blown away if it's happened this quick!

I totally agree on the phantom pregnancy thing. I think you can create symptoms within your own mind.

I hope that's not what I'm doing but... On the way home from work just now I suddenly got a very metallic taste and it's at that point I thought.. This could actually be happening.. Seeings as there's no period yet! I'm still going to try to wait til the morning for the most accurate result. I've got one test in and brought a pack of two at lunch time so I can be sure if I get the positive.

Ohh good luck :) I hope its happened for ya!! Got my fingers and toes crossed for you! x

I can't wait!!!!:D

Thanks guys
Shall I just do the test in a bit when hubby gets home!? If I'm 2 days overdue and actually pregnant do you think there's a good chance it'd show?
I read early morning is best

Thanks guys
Shall I just do the test in a bit when hubby gets home!? If I'm 2 days overdue and actually pregnant do you think there's a good chance it'd show?
I read early morning is best

Just do it... We can't take the suspense! It will probably show if it's 2 days. Mine show 2 days before the period let alone 2 days later. Then repeat in the morning!!! Oooh exciting wishing you luck girl!!!

Just do it... We can't take the suspense! It will probably show if it's 2 days. Mine show 2 days before the period let alone 2 days later. Then repeat in the morning!!! Oooh exciting wishing you luck girl!!!

Ha ha thank you. I'm scared to disappoint everyone now with a false alarm. All I know is my period has never been 2 days late. Even when I've had breaks from the pill in the past. Watch this space x

Latest posts

Back