Restylane Injections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
My friend has just had Restylane injected into her lips for enhancement, has anyone on here had this?

She was told it was the most natural injection to have, but said her lips have swollen loads!!

I havn't seen her yet so am not sure just how swollen they are...

But just wondering if any of you know anything about it??

Yes heard lots about this:). From my research its a substance called Hyaluronic acid which is apparantly an acid the body already stores. I think the theory is that wrinkles and lines are in part due to the ageing process whereby this hyaluronic acid is lost. Aesthetics peeps are now injecting this straight back in to the wrinkled areas with apparantly good results.

Swelling etc quite expected for a few days after treatment. x

Thank you, I have just searched it on here (should of done it before posting!)

I was a little concerned as my friend that has had it done is only 19, I thought this was quite young to be having something like that done...... seen as she doesn't have any wrinkles or lines AT ALL!!

Obviously she has had it done for the fuller lip look, but still, I think this is quite young to be having such a thing!!

I can top this: I just watched a television special that showed girls 16 getting breast augmentation! Of course, their mom's signed the paperwork. The show was unbelievable and those mom's are unbelievable too. Geesh

Blimey!! Thats so young! Most Girls would not of finished developing at the age of 16!!

Yes swelling is normal.

I had it done Saturday morning, Saturday and Sunday I looked like Donald Duck, Monday was better and by Tuesday I loved my lips.

Everyone is different however.

I wouldn't get it done again however as I feel I have a slightly lumpy appearance above my lip now, it possibly could be my imagination but I wouldn't be tempted again.

hth's

Thanks Martigirl, My friend has also said that she wouldn't get it done again.

What can she use to hep reduce the swelling? or do you think it's best she just leaves it to go down on its own??

I didn't use anything for the swelling. To be honest although I thought I looked like Donald Duck I didn't get any strange looks when I was out and about.

My friend also had this and has said she wont have it again as she also felt it left her skin lumpy (slightly) above her top lip and was very painfull on application.

Hiya,
I get my lips injected all the time..well every 6months
I have a product called tyosyl kiss

It's not lumpy or un-natural in any way..i have had great results

there are many fillers for all areas of the face and body, I had my lips filled with a product that is supposed to be for all area's..it just left them lumpy YUK YUK YUK

I then had tyosyl and now have natural lip enhancements.

It's not just for wrinkles, it's also used for lip plumping..it don't matter if your only 19, if your lips need voloum then it's worth having

Jenx

We have a lady come into the salon to do these treatments; restylane and botox and it is possible to have lumpy bits after the treatment, however, if you find someone who is really good at it, this shouldnt happen, after the treatment they should massgae the lips to ensure the restylane/hyaluronic acid is evened out. swelling is normal, a cold compress/protected ice pack can take this down. i dont do these treatments, so in all i would consult a good expert at them!!

Latest posts

Back