Retail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Hey geeks! We had redken in today for training! It was fab! I know about all the products but do you have any tips for selling?

Mine are: tell the client about silicone and do a scrape test. Advise them about expenditure and how much they will save! And then of course the benefits of colour lasting, softer hair etc xx

Last edited:
Hey geeks! We had redken in today for training! It was fab! I know about all the products but do you have any tips for selling?

Mine are: tell the client about silicone and do a scrape test. Advise them about expenditure and how much they will save! And then of corse the benefits of colour lasting, softer hair etc xx

I love Redken I find it sells itself aslong as your using it in salon. Always tell the client what your putting on their hair an why it will benefit them and if they seem interested pass them the bottle and they are more likely to buy it. Btw what's a scrape test. X

I love Redken I find it sells itself aslong as your using it in salon. Always tell the client what your putting on their hair an why it will benefit them and if they seem interested pass them the bottle and they are more likely to buy it. Btw what's a scrape test. X

You open your scissors and slide the blade down the hair shaft, a white silicone should come off and that's what you need to show your clients :) xx

You open your scissors and slide the blade down the hair shaft, a white silicone should come off and that's what you need to show your clients :) xx

Wow really x

Wow really x

Yeah! It's amazing! :D clients are really shocked! I then say "just think about all that plastic all over your body as well as your hair" then they can't wait to buy the redken anti snap or all soft ;) hehe xx

Yeah! It's amazing! :D clients are really shocked! I then say "just think about all that plastic all over your body as well as your hair" then they can't wait to buy the redken anti snap or all soft ;) hehe xx

You learn something new every day :) x

I really struggle with retail. I can retail styling better as clients can see the change, but shampoo is harder for me. I know the facts, I'm just not great at it!

I really struggle with retail. I can retail styling better as clients can see the change, but shampoo is harder for me. I know the facts, I'm just not great at it!

I love the styling retail! But most clients are cheapo's! They want 1 product to shampoo, condition, style and lick there ass at the same time! Haha! Also doing the 3 sense consultation is great! TOUCH the product, how does it feel? SMELL the product. SHOW the fancy packaging off and all the benefits! :D and sitting down and looking them in the eye makes them feel more comfortable and they find a better level of trust xx

I love the styling retail! But most clients are cheapo's! They want 1 product to shampoo, condition, style and lick there ass at the same time! Haha! Also doing the 3 sense consultation is great! TOUCH the product, how does it feel? SMELL the product. SHOW the fancy packaging off and all the benefits! :D and sitting down and looking them in the eye makes them feel more comfortable and they find a better level of trust xx

I once did this with a lady, gave her the product to feel.... She screamed and shouted pervert!!

What she didn't tell me was she was 90% blind.... I gave her Tigi after party to look at and she thought it was my *cough* lol ;) which is why she screamed pervert! Lol x

I find the best way is to use the products yourself so you can make what your saying more believable as you know it to be true if that makes sense, I am able to sell a lot of retail this way especially shampoos an conditioners :)

I once did this with a lady, gave her the product to feel.... She screamed and shouted pervert!!

What she didn't tell me was she was 90% blind.... I gave her Tigi after party to look at and she thought it was my *cough* lol ;) which is why she screamed pervert! Lol x

This just made me laugh :)

This just made me laugh :)

Glad you laughed... I got a right telling off!! But seriously have you seen that product!

I can retail a product easily.... Especially if you can get excited about it! X

I find the best way to retail is to be passionate about the products. For years i didn't retail as i felt like i was "selling" and could not get over that hurdle! Then one day i just stopped feeling like that, my retail sales improved MASSIVELY :biggrin:

Glad you laughed... I got a right telling off!! But seriously have you seen that product!

I can retail a product easily.... Especially if you can get excited about it! X

Yes I have it at home an the reason I laughed more is because my boyfriend thought it was something I'd use elsewhere rather than on my hair if you catch my drift!! Lol my 2 year old thinks its a microphone tho lol :)

A lot of people used to comment saying that and the colour didn't help too.

I love selling, ad I mean that in the way that I actually like the hard sell, I had to do this when I was in retail and really push shoe care and accessories, I made it fun by looking at my sales the day before and beating them as well as doing I store competitions.
One shop I was in we had to push credit cards, and I was the top seller for the region.
And yes it's 100% more easy when you use the product you are selling. Either on them or on yourself.
I retail from the moment I see a client, explain what you are using and why, from brushes to dryers and heated tools to product and care. While explaining look in their eyes, anything they are interested in will cause them to widen their eyes slightly lean in if face to face or toward the mirror if your behind them, their head may jut forward slightly and their feet become flatter to the ground, you may see one, all or a mix of these signs, if you do the. Jump in ad show them the item, and once they have looked and done all they want such as smell or feel its texture if a product then you leave it until pay time, once they have their purse out say oh would you like x for £x today too? While the purse is out to them it's time to pay and go, this is when impulse is at its highest and the answer is normally yes.

If I tried hard enough I think it would be possible to sell a bottle of evian to the volvic factory. Xoxo

Wait till the new shampoo and conditioners are launched from Tigi! They look like lube tubes! ;0) x

Wait till the new shampoo and conditioners are launched from Tigi! They look like lube tubes! ;0) x

Haha got a friend to eat loads of the cherry flavoured lube saying it was syrup for food, she's too stupid to see it saying intimate on the bottle while we were camping at shell island. She's so stupid she thought she wasn't allowed to go because her passport was out of date when we said she needed her passport because it was a separate island ad not part of te uk haha xoxo

Latest posts

Back