Reverse application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenstars

Reaction score
Have i been living under a rock? i think so...what is the reverse application...i vaquely know but can someone break it down for me please? also is this a better way of doing a rebalance?

Have i been living under a rock? i think so...what is the reverse application...i vaquely know but can someone break it down for me please?

You make the nail bed first instead of the free edge :green:

You think that's new! Go to you tube and type in inverted moulds!! I have been doing these for practice lately and found a mould supplier in Florida so I dont have to pay hundreds of dollars for the darn "training" video and the priviledge to purchase them. This is amazing but tricky for me since I am a gel girl!! LOL

I use reverse application
YOu prep as normal create the nail bed, and swipe in your smile line first you need to make the smile line end a bit thicker to allow for your stress area. Then butt your whites up to the smile line making sure you tuck in the corners to prevent chipping doing it this way makes your white white and your smile line crisp. Take a look at the young nails site and see Greg Salo at work when he came to the young nails headquarters it was amazing watching him work he oozes enthusiasum, makes you want to pick up a brush and create fabarooney nails

why would you do reverse application??

Ever since trying the reverse tecnique my smile lines have been more even, to the point where I don't find it necessary to buy the smile line cutter anymore. Mind you I am a recent graduate and still trying to find my style as well.

making the smile line while layint the tip first seemed backwards to me, akwardly using the brush and what not. the reverse application is much easier to shape IMO.

http://www.youngnails.com/g?t=video
found a vid tutorial on the link above, hope it helps

Last edited:
I tend to do a reverse application when I do my own nails) I love this technique with gels when i camouflage the nail bed. Great stuff)

why would you do reverse application??

It is quicker, easier and your whites remain white
try it what have u got to lose

Latest posts

Back