Reverse sculpting - tip falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm really liking the reverse sculpting technique, but beginning to find a problem with my thumb nails mainly.

The sculpted white tip is falling clean off in perfect condition, as if it's just not adhering to the main body of the nail - zone 2. I've tried applying a small bead of clear over this section which I'm sure will cure my problem but I'm not liking it, I don't find the smile line as sharp looking.

In the Young Nails tutorial Greg just butts the white to the pink with no need for a clear bead to encapsulate. The only difference with my way is I file the smile line in and then butt the white towards the pink.

Can anyone help, please xxx:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if leaving zone 2 to cure (so that you can file it) is causing zone 3 not to bond to it properly?
When I reverse sculpt, I don't file the smile line, I just do zone 1&2 in one large bead, sculpt the smile area with my brush and then whilst it is still curing I sculpt the tip straight up against it so maybe it bonds better that way?
I've never had a tip fall off. (Yet!! *touches wood!!)

xxx

Latest posts

Back