Rhinestone application using L&P - advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi All
Please can you tell me how to apply rhinestones when using CND L&P? I have searched the threads but have only been able to find posts relating to gel or polish.
I want to be sure how to do it before I attempt it tonight as I am rebalancing my own nails for the first time and want a couple of them to look a bit sparkly :green: I normally apply them using a bit of glue on top of the enhancement after buffing out so they are shiny (before I started doing them myself) but they always came off and sometimes the application of the glue was noticeable :eek: I want to embed them in zone 1 ideally but not sure that this is the 'correct' way of doing it?
Thanks in advance
Gail
x

The easiest and quickest way is to apply a coat of Super Shiney top coat or Air Dry and just pop the rhinestones in the top coat. They don't come off and last till you remove them. I personally would not embed them in the L&P.

I agree with Geeg, I did embed them once just to see what they looked like and they looked nasty!

The easiest and quickest way is to apply a coat of Super Shiney top coat or Air Dry and just pop the rhinestones in the top coat. They don't come off and last till you remove them. I personally would not embed them in the L&P.

This has never worked for me :cry: Well, they do stick, but never stay stuck!
But if you say it works, then I will give it another try!

The way that I do it is finish my enhancement either buffed to a high shine or UV topcoat....
Then I apply a tiny bead of clear L&P where I want the rhinestone, leave it a few seconds to allow the bead to settle itself and then gently press the rhinestone into it.
Since using this method I have never had a client loose a gem.

Thanks Lauri I wil try this tonight :)

Iv put a few layers of top coat round mine to keep them in and its alway worked for me.xx

Hi All
Please can you tell me how to apply rhinestones when using CND L&P? I have searched the threads but have only been able to find posts relating to gel or polish.
I want to be sure how to do it before I attempt it tonight as I am rebalancing my own nails for the first time and want a couple of them to look a bit sparkly :green: I normally apply them using a bit of glue on top of the enhancement after buffing out so they are shiny (before I started doing them myself) but they always came off and sometimes the application of the glue was noticeable :eek: I want to embed them in zone 1 ideally but not sure that this is the 'correct' way of doing it?
Thanks in advance
Gail
x

I use a birchwood stick with a "tiny" (I stress tiny) amount of adhesive on the end & dot this where I want to place the gemstone, they never budge, I dont use any sticky over the gemstone either so it stays sparkling..

When I need to remove during rebalance they file off easily..

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

Latest posts

Back