Rhinestones don't stay on!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helbels

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice - I can NEVER seem to keep Rhinestones on my own nails for more than a couple of hours.

I Shellaced my nails this morning and put the Rhinestones into the top coat and cured... and 3 hours later, 2 have already fallen off!

Earlier in the week, I used the Konad top coat on my nails, tried putting rhinestones on top, and they popped off shortly afterwards too!

I don't currently use top coat OVER the rhinestone, as I know it dulls the finish, but what the heck else can I try? It's driving me batty!:evil:

Can anyone give me some advice - I can NEVER seem to keep Rhinestones on my own nails for more than a couple of hours.

I Shellaced my nails this morning and put the Rhinestones into the top coat and cured... and 3 hours later, 2 have already fallen off!

Earlier in the week, I used the Konad top coat on my nails, tried putting rhinestones on top, and they popped off shortly afterwards too!

I don't currently use top coat OVER the rhinestone, as I know it dulls the finish, but what the heck else can I try? It's driving me batty!:evil:

I use a gel top coat over mine and it dosnt dull them and they stay on for 2 weeks :biggrin: hope that helpes xx

Also if u apply them with a bit of nail glue, keeps them on for ages!! Top coating over them doesnt dull the finish that much. It's worth it if they keep falling off on u. HTH. :)) xx

I put a bit of nail glue on a dotting tool, then pick up the rhinestone with the same tool and stick it on. I done some on my toes before my holiday two weeks ago and there still on after being in and out the sea and pool etc x

I apply to my last shellac colour coat, cure, then top coat. They stay put the whole 2 weeks x

Thanks guys, that's really helpful. I will try topcoating over them next time. x

Even try applying with glue - then do your top coat and make sure you sweep around the stone - not right over but around - thats what I do- they last until rebalance time...

Latest posts

Back