Rings of fire !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
I had a new client last night who has been having her nails done for a number of years now by a salon in my local area that I would not have thought of as a 'NASTY ' salon but omg when she came in last night she had the worst rings of fire I had ever seen even worse than some of the nss clients ive had ! This salon has been there for years and is really expensive I cant believe they have lowered the standards so much as to electic file the nail plate before applying product ! I thought only the nss did this but apparently not ! Also she said the paint the product on put it under a lamp then file and re apply 2 more times with filing in between what system is this as I am confused ? I have to say she was really pleased when she left last night just hope she comes back !

There isn't anything wrong with electric files when trained to use them properly, which means not using them on the natural nail to do the prep quickly. Unfortunately some salons just see them as a short cut.

Just because a salon has been there for ages, doesn't mean they are good. I have one near me that obviously doesn't update their training at all, so keeps using old methods etc to do nails, despite the fact they may now be out of date.

I can't say i have heard of this method, except for UV acrylic, which is a liquid and powder system which needs to be cured with a lamp. Star Nails used to do one like this, so maybe that's what they are using. When i saw this product though, you didn't do it in layers???

maybe gel? but they'd file each layer as we did when we trained? lol...

I did use the e-file during the prep and with the right thing... I forgot the name, that you can use on the natural nail, the slowest speedth, etc. but I admit I am now only using normal files too.l.

This salon has been there for years and is really expensive I cant believe they have lowered the standards so much as to electic file the nail plate before applying product !

Rings of fire may be done by hand filing just as well.
It's about holding your file in the right angle, not about the file you use.

Latest posts

Back