Robard polish shaker?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tempting to shake Gelish, but I was taught not to shake it. Looks great for Shellac though.
Edit: just watched video, I wonder if she got bubbles with application.

Last edited:
I too am wondering how it is for other gel polishes. I use Artistic Colour Gloss which is similar to gelish and am wondering if there would be bubble issues. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi which site did you look at? I just looked it up and it says that it's $53 plus shipping and the site is offering 5% off. I'm in the us but very interested in the product.

Is this the right thing
Nail Polish Shakers – Robart Manufacturing

I was at the same site as you but the shipping to Canada is much more that to the U.S. I put it in my cart and put in my address. The $150.00 was the cheaper of two shipping options.

I too am wondering how it is for other gel polishes. I use Artistic Colour Gloss which is similar to gelish and am wondering if there would be bubble issues. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using SalonGeek mobile app

No bubble issues
After shaking for 1 min in ProShaker,
let polish sit upright for 1 minute to allow polish to run back down to base of bottle.
Air bubbles ( if any) will rise to top and disperse - but this hadn't been a problem for me.

Ok, so my robart shaker arrived this morning.
Had a picture of four batteries on the back, simple I thought

Then when I opened it up was greeted with this.

Where do I put the batteries? Or do the fit somehow between the two bits of metal o pm each side!mif so, what on earth size is that?

Any help would be much appreciated right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 227
Ok, so my robart shaker arrived this morning.
Had a picture of four batteries on the back, simple I thought

Then when I opened it up was greeted with this.

Where do I put the batteries? Or do the fit somehow between the two bits of metal o pm each side!mif so, what on earth size is that?

Any help would be much appreciated right now

Mine has a lead and I plug it into a socket so I don't have to worry about batteries. Is there a lead in the box. x

No, I got the battery one as I thought it'd be US plugs

No, I got the battery one as I thought it'd be US plugs

I've got the battery one from US, I'm sure it doesn't look like this inside, will take a photo tomorrow, just off out now:Love:

Thanks Hun :hug: I was so excited to get it too. Looks like I need a blooming car battery (ok, ok, I exaggerate. But only just!)

I got this information from a review I read:

"Battery compartment poorly designed. The batteries do not maintain contact.
To install the batteries, you have to unscrew the bottom panel. The batteries are supposed to be held in place by replacing the bottom panel, but the screws cannot be tightened sufficiently to handle the size and weight of the 4 D cell batteries because the internal threads of the flimsy, plastic female screw are inadequate. Even if you can sufficiently tighten the screws initially, the device will fail over time as the threads wear out as a result of friction and vibration."

Oh yay, I've bought a piece of crap! 😒

Here's why you should do research and not spontaneous buy!

Thanks for the heads up valcan :o x

If you can figure out how to get the batteries in, and it does not start when you turn it on, try slapping the side of it. I read that some people had to do this with their Robart.

I just ordered an ultrasonic cleaner (for another purpose). I am going to try it to shake shellac. I am hoping it will work. It looks more professional than the shakers and I figure I could put the shellac in while I do PREP and it will be ready to go when I am done.

As promised, photo of inside my US Robart Shaker:Love:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 182
Brill, thank you hun. What size are they?

They are size D's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 135
Battery shopping tomorrow then. Thank you so much for your help. ,y head was boggles upon opening the battery compartment :lol:

Mine works well although on the odd occasion I have to give it a tap:hug:

How you getting on with the shaker - I'm debating the buy :) x

How you getting on with the shaker - I'm debating the buy :) x

I use mine a lot and its very good. Try and get the one with the lead so you can plug it in then the battery thing wont be a problem x

Latest posts

Back