Rockstar nails. What are they exactly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
I'm ways a bit behind everyone else. I was with the dashing diva and shellac. Both of which I wouldn't be without now. I've searched rockstar nails but can't really find exactly what it is or how it's done.
Be gentle with me, I'm old xx

I'm ways a bit behind everyone else. I was with the dashing diva and shellac. Both of which I wouldn't be without now. I've searched rockstar nails but can't really find exactly what it is or how it's done.
Be gentle with me, I'm old xx

Lol ... go to You Tube and look at Fingerfixer's videos on rockstar toes version 2 or version 3

Jacqui xx

I just had a look at the videos and they are fab! I was recently asked by a client about Rockstar nails and to be honest, I had no clue which is shameful :o

Is there any particular requirement to qualify a Rockstar nail though? Does everyone do theirs differently? Fingernail fixer was using Shellac. Does Shellac need to be used for them to be Rockstar?

Sorry, so many questions .... like I said, embarrassed :smack:
xx

I think there are various different ways you can do rockstar...whatever you feel is easier or works better for you.

I use the FINGER NAIL FIXERS method of shellac.

The videos she has done are a "must".

Rockstar is simply Glitter toes...encased in gel/gel polish for a look that doesnt chip,stays flawless for weeks and weeks and dries instantly.

If you are not offering Rockstar toes then YOU MUST!!!!

I am so so busy with this treatment..it is soooo easy to do....quick and looks absolutely stunning...i am just gutted that i only have 10 toes because i just cant get enough of wearing them....and thats another thing...everyone keeps stopping me to ask what ive got on my toes.

photo.php

did that link work..trying to post you a picture of my toenails that i have on right now....good job i work in nails and not computers

did that link work..trying to post you a picture of my toenails that i have on right now....good job i work in nails and not computers

haha this made me giggle

Thanks so much for the info on Rockstar nails. No I'm not offering them just now but I soon will be! I think I'm in love and haven't even tried them yet, I've just seen posts on here and Fingernail Fixers vids!!

That will be my Monday night treat to myself and I can't wait to advertise it and have it on my price lists :)

so pretty x

god knows how you post a photo into a thread but have uploaded it onto my album in public profile if you want to have a nose....oh and COLOUR FADE...so easy to do and looks wicked...i am about to post a photo of one i done on a colour pop yesterday..looks great on a big toe

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who didn't really know what it was. I'm going to order glitter tomorrow. It's seems quite straightforward although me and glitter have never really had a very good relationship. I'm thinking Christmas card making as a child. Blooming glitter everywhere lol.
Before my glitter arrives I'm going to have a go with rhinestones too.
Thank you for all the advice. Fingernafixer is an angel xx

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who didn't really know what it was. I'm going to order glitter tomorrow. It's seems quite straightforward although me and glitter have never really had a very good relationship. I'm thinking Christmas card making as a child. Blooming glitter everywhere lol.
Before my glitter arrives I'm going to have a go with rhinestones too.
Thank you for all the advice. Fingernafixer is an angel xx

just remember to "tap" very slowly and "keep" the shaker moving....and also if you do it with the foot over paper or couch roll you can pour the glitter that has gone everywhere back into the shaker.

Make sure the glitter you buy is "fine" glitter as well....i originally brought some really cheap kiddie ones and they werent all that..not "bling" enough and the colour pigment wasnt intense enough.

Most techs are using martha stewart and thats what i now use...great glitter..you are so gonna fall in love with rockstar

Nope, I think a few folk are still unsure of it as I've asked some nail tech's I know and a couple in the salon too. Only one of them had a rough idea! We should hang our heads in shame!

Gotta love some rhinestones! I just received a delivery of nail art rhinestones and pearls on Saturday ... at what age does it become unacceptable to have blinged up nails? lol I really hope it's older than I am ... I may need sunglasses :) xx

Nope, I think a few folk are still unsure of it as I've asked some nail tech's I know and a couple in the salon too. Only one of them had a rough idea! We should hang our heads in shame!

Gotta love some rhinestones! I just received a delivery of nail art rhinestones and pearls on Saturday ... at what age does it become unacceptable to have blinged up nails? lol I really hope it's older than I am ... I may need sunglasses :) xx

We are like kids at Christmas. Xx

I agree they are a must have on the treatment list right now !

Grate on both fingers and toes,
And by adding a bit of paint you can totally change the look!

I can see some fab Christmas nails in the near future done this way to!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310334335.655246.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310334446.820086.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310334514.049479.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310334577.224607.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310334705.509228.jpg

I agree they are a must have on the treatment list right now !

Grate on both fingers and toes,
And by adding a bit of paint you can totally change the look!

I can see some fab Christmas nails in the near future done this way to!

View attachment 8083View attachment 8084View attachment 8085View attachment 8086View attachment 8087

Ceri...enlighten me...how the hell have you dropped the photos into the post...oh and ps....confirmed 15th with keatn,so excited x

Hi.

I did my first set using Bio Sculpture Gel today. Just used the same steps that the Fingernail Fixer did and Iam really impressed with them.:biggrin:

Where's the best place to get the Martha Stewart glitter? I am new to this too, I watched those vids on YouTube today, amazing! I am hoping that a degree in art is not necessary to produce stunning results! X

:biggrin: I too would like to know where to purchase Martha Stewart Glitter and could it also be used to mix with CND clear powder for glitter tips as well. I used a cheap glitter to practise with but when you file the glitter goes silver. Thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back