Rockstar toes - to cure or not to cure first layer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyvic

Reaction score
Morning one and all ,

Well i have found a willing victim for my first attempt at rockstar toes, i have done a previous search but just seems to be conflicting advice
after i prep and apply the first thin coat of gel (before i sprinkle the glitter) do i cure this layer or not ?

and if i do do i wipe the non cure layer off or do i sprinkle at that point - im om on the rest of the process its just this bit im having trouble understanding

thanks in advance

V x

when i do it, i apply the base and before curing sprinkle glitter on, cure then apply top coat sometimes a second coat depending if they still feel rough from the glitter.

There is a step by step of twinkle toes on the young nails website, thats what they call rock star toes xx

I think it might depend on the gel system your using and the amount of glitter you will be using,
rember that for gel to cure the light has to pass through it, with out a good cure it wont adhere to the nail and last and could all so give reactions fromuncured product!

when you add objects the light cant pass through that area,
so I personaly would to a thin clear layer cure and then another layer and add glitter to that and cure then a top layer to sandwich it ,
as your working on toes keep the layers thin ,
this is just how I would do it x

excellent thanks ladies
not seen the young nails tutorial but i did watch fingernail fixers shellac tutorial yesterday (im so sorry i forgot your name)

i will let you know how they turn out

V x

Latest posts

Back