Room to rent ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucydog77

Reaction score
I've been for an interview today for renting a room in a salon that has not opened yet, they are looking for £25 a day, the owner seems really posative and motivated. It's not in the best area of town but i think you could make it work ? ? ? ? She says does that rental sound about right as this is my first step towards renting a room and have no idea if this is about right etc .. any help would be greatly appriciated x:eek::eek:

I would only pay £25 per day if it was a superior salon in a fantastic location.

Can you negotiate a trial period with a reduced rent during that time and if necessary a review in either side's favour if necessary?

how many days are you thinking of renting? if you rent 5 days thats hell of a lot of money.

you have to work out if you can afford to pay that out if you have no clients in, how much money have you got saved up to keep you paying that rent out?

also, don't forget to save money up for your annual leave.

I think the norm of rent PER WEEK is between £40-150.

You said it was the wrong end of town. How many people walk past the shop? If you have a spare few hours, drive over and park nearby. Take a piece of paper with you and mark how many people walk past.

Me personally? I would not pay that. I would negotiate it down.

you could almost rent your own salon for that price hun :hug:

Ask for a reduced/free period ... if the owner is that convinced that it will work it shouldnt be a problem.

Would you have to find your own clients???

she will do a bit of advatising, but i thought it seemed a bit steep, as she is stating what hours she wants you in , supply own products etc I just was not sure what you would normaly pay per day . Thanks for your replys i'll try and negotiate it down or i think i might just get set up for mobile to start with and hang out for a better salon so so confused !!!:confused:

You could go for a %, say 20% is reasonable. After you both have an idea how things are going, you could make a rental arrangement.

she will do a bit of advatising, but i thought it seemed a bit steep, as she is stating what hours she wants you in , supply own products etc I just was not sure what you would normaly pay per day . Thanks for your replys i'll try and negotiate it down or i think i might just get set up for mobile to start with and hang out for a better salon so so confused !!!:confused:
Don't give up! Just go back with a counter offer, ie I think £25 per day is too much, I am willing to pay £15 a day but I would like to rent it for x amount of days.

their is a trendy hair and beauty place opening nearby, I rang to check the rates and it is infact £25 per day. Now this place will be trendy, the advertising will be big! You have full use of reception an receptionist, they supply towels and products. I would still not do it for that price.

I think £25 a day is way too much like the others said if it was a top salon with floods of bussiness then i would! i think about 15-20 a day is reasonable xx

sorry to butt on on thread (seemed no point in my starting another one to discuss the same thing) I also agree that 25 per day is a little steep, however (assuming my trade test goes to plan) I will be thinking of renting a room in a village salon (hair).

The lady wants 20 per day but I asked if we could do it on a % basis to start with and she said yes up to a max of £20. On Friday when I go in for my trade test and a chat, what sort of % do you think I should offer her to start with? I was thinking about 15% but not sure if thats reasonable or not.

sorry to butt on on thread (seemed no point in my starting another one to discuss the same thing) I also agree that 25 per day is a little steep, however (assuming my trade test goes to plan) I will be thinking of renting a room in a village salon (hair).

The lady wants 20 per day but I asked if we could do it on a % basis to start with and she said yes up to a max of £20. On Friday when I go in for my trade test and a chat, what sort of % do you think I should offer her to start with? I was thinking about 15% but not sure if thats reasonable or not.
I loosely work at a 25% rate, for every 1 hour treatment I pay £6.25, so if the client has booked a more expensive treatment, I make abit more.

i rent my whole salon for 150 a week we're open six days so it works out the same amount and my shop is in a 'not a very nice area' so i'd try to get her down a bit!

I pay a 15% having said that they are trying to increase that to a fixed rent per week but as I only work 16 hrs per week due tothe location of the room I think that's about right. Also as I am in despute with some ongoing repairs that need doing and they are claiming that the money they make from me dosen't make it worthwhile for them to do repairs. I strongly urge to make sure that you know exactly what you will be getting for that money, or you will end up like me and I will probably have to leave. Hope this helps but please, please, please go in with your business head on and don't think how nice a person they are, you need to make a living.

im also sorry to butt in, but i have just left college, and went to a salon today and she is charging me £30 per day and i also have to use my own products, and i have to get my own insurance, and build up my own clients, to be honest i have not a clue as to what to do? im just wondering can any one advise me.:rolleyes:

ummm! see above for advice.

Latest posts

Back