Rose gold chrome nails help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
hi ladies.

Can anyone advise me where best to get a rose gold/ light pink coloured chrome powder please and has anyone every used this colour would love to see some pictures. Can't wait to try it, not sure which one to buy.
Thanks in advance.

Edited to show picture of what colour I'm after.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 317
Hi
To achieve any different coloured chrome nails it's simply the gel underneath colour. So if you use a black it give a clear silver colour chrome if you use a pink gel it will make the chrome pink.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469448000.951684.jpg

These were achieved using a pale pink shellac such as be demure under silver chrome pigment

Hi
To achieve any different coloured chrome nails it's simply the gel underneath colour. So if you use a black it give a clear silver colour chrome if you use a pink gel it will make the chrome pink. View attachment 199387

These were achieved using a pale pink shellac such as be demure under silver chrome pigment

Ahhh I see. Where did you purchase your chrome powder please X

I would recommend the glitterarty chrome pigment from eBay and the magpie beauty tiara pigment

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your help

No worries [emoji8] post pics when your done

All of the sellers are saying use with a non cleansing top coat, so would I need to purchase a different brand? Did you do anything different from you would use normal pigments and glitters to create those lovely nails above?

I personally didn't bother with the non wipe topcoat as it was either bluesky of elite 99 [emoji30] and I just couldn't do it
And so many are having problems with the free edge wearing away with the non wipe topcoats
I just used my express 5 topcoat but you have to remove the inhibition layer one by one and apply the chrome this way then topcoat again

I personally didn't bother with the non wipe topcoat as it was either bluesky of elite 99 [emoji30] and I just couldn't do it
And so many are having problems with the free edge wearing away with the non wipe topcoats
I just used my express 5 topcoat but you have to remove the inhibition layer one by one and apply the chrome this way then topcoat again
When u say you remove the top coat do u dry wipe it or wipe with ipa? I still cant get it to work! X

I am sick of dry wiping and still getting a glittery effect, it's certainly not mirror! I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

I've given up :o

I've been having the same issue with glitter or dull effect so have given up with shellac! x

Oh dear. Hope someone can help.

...sooo, this is definitely not me or the powders.... surely??

The nail on the right is...

Colour, top coat, wipe with dry wipe and then powder...

The left is straight after once I've added 2nd top coat - the chrome effect disappears and looks like glitter!!! :o

Why o why!!!

Attachments

• 1469813873744.jpg
    1469813873744.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 500
When u say you remove the top coat do u dry wipe it or wipe with ipa? I still cant get it to work! X

Just use d sperse and you know when u wipe immediately it's wet, quickly dip your finger in the chrome pigments and rub it into the semi damp/dry nail and rub the pigment in until it squeaks you have to work fast tho! And do this process nail by nail then once all done topcoat again

Just use d sperse and you know when u wipe immediately it's wet, quickly dip your finger in the chrome pigments and rub it into the semi damp/dry nail and rub the pigment in until it squeaks you have to work fast tho! And do this process nail by nail then once all done topcoat again
Thanks hun ill try that its really bugging me that i cant do it! Xx

ah see I was told to let it dry first, surely you cant dip your clients finger in the pot!

Maria at Lecente said about 50/50 water / disperse... I tried that and just disperse.

Also need to make sure there are no lose bits of pigments before top coat... Did that too.

I would recommend the glitterarty chrome pigment from eBay and the magpie beauty tiara pigment

I can't find the glitteraty shop? I know I've been on it before from a link on salon geek, please could you post a link?x

So I use no wipe top coat over black gel polish then burnish in chrome powder then a layer of no wipe top coat and THEN another coat of standard top coat making sure the free edge is thoroughly sealed. Seems to stop any wear to the free edge [emoji6]

...sooo, this is definitely not me or the powders.... surely??

The nail on the right is...

Colour, top coat, wipe with dry wipe and then powder...

The left is straight after once I've added 2nd top coat - the chrome effect disappears and looks like glitter!!! :eek:

Why o why!!!
I'm finding this happens after top coat too, looks super mirror affect when I've burnished the glitter and then the top coat almost gives it a frosted effect :(
They still look pretty but not as chrome as I'd like! I think a lot of pictures that we see on the net are taken before top coat to be honest. Either that or we're doing something wrong!

Latest posts

Back