Rough Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi all

I always do 2 coats of top coat on rockstar nails but the last couple have been rough to the touch after I've d.spersed them. Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Lorraine x

How do you do your rockstar nails? Maybe you can gently pat it down so the glitter is not sticking up, then do top coat. HTH! :)

The glitter your using. Maybe to. Course?
You could still add another layer of Shellac top coat even after wiping the inhibition layer off
If the glitter is not one that will silver when wiled I would give it a quick buff with a white block and a wipe and another top coat ...
Then invest in some finer glitter?

i make sure ive patted quite firmly with my brush, and then you can sometimes pat gently with your index finger before applying topcoat...? Fine glitters are normally okay, however if your client chooses a glitter that is a bit rough then it really works :)

LolaSpa xxx

I had ym 1st attepmt today but didn't have a firm brush, and glitter was sticking to shellac! and its a bit rough :eek: its was nail grafix aurora bourealis, would it just be down to not having the firm brush ? (just ordering some now! lol) xx

I did my first Rockstar last week , and the glitter was the long holographic kind and therefore some of it was sticking up even after I added the top coat and cured.
I buffed it down with a 240 grit file re-applied top coat and cured and it is shiny and smooth now .

HTH"S

Thanks guys, yeah watched the video yesterday afternoon, think Its maybe as I was doing it on myself for the 1st time and not a firm enough brush. I have smoothed it down and put another top coat for now ;) I'll need to do them again anyhoo as I have a demo done on 2 nails, bought the same pot of glitter but unfortuatley the wrong lid must have been on demo one as its a different one! lol never mind more practice to get it perfect :D xx

Latest posts

Back