Rubbish day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandxxx

Reaction score
Does anybody ever have days when they think they want to just quit? Had a client for 3 years who's never once liked her hair and today I almost cried when she told me for the millionth time she's unhappy..... and I'm not sure what to do? along side a quiet week makes me feel like I'm a rubbish hair dresser. Any advice to cheer me up would be great!! Xx

Awww hun, big hugs! We all have those days, chin up and keep smiling xx

I think it might be time to give this client her p45 ,some people are just bullies ,if you where doing her hair so bad she would have gone somewhere else by now ,don't stress about theses kind of people just not worth it :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
sack her, you will feel much better for it hun, things will seem better in the morning :hug: xx

Aw hun, yes your not alone we all have them!!!

I think with people like this they are very unhappy people in themselves and they wont just be like this to you, they'll be like this to everyone in their lives. Some people get enjoyment or a sense of power if they know they can knock your confidence or put you in a bad mood, it's ridiculous but in my opinion it's normally because they are so unhappy in themselves.

My advice is-please don't take it personally!!! I know myself i need to take my own advice as every-time something goes wrong for me I do take it personally every time but I know i need to try not to. All it will do is break your confidence and you don't want that. If she was that 'unhappy' why has she been loyal to you for 3 years!!! That speaks volumes in itself.

If you wish to keep her as your client I'd say take it on the chin, ignore her comments and just keep quiet or you could say in a very professional but straight way, I'm sorry you feel that way but I do try my best and if your not happy I suggest you see another stylist?
I've done both the above and it's been good for me. More recently I had a client who whenever I did her hair she'd text me 2 weeks later, or call me up complaining about something ridiculous, it knocked me and i went back to correct the problems but soon realised this was just a way of getting a free haircut/colour touch up in between, so when she text me for a colour and cut last time, as much as i need the money I figured the stress and constant confidence knocking wasn't actually worth it! So I was a coward in the way i done it but i just replied saying i was really busy for the next month etc and so far i haven't heard from her.

Sometimes you got to ask yourself is it worth the stress and bother.
Personally I'm finding clients more and more work these days, they expect miracles for peanuts and quite a lot of them now do treat us a little crappy.

Keep your head up hun, there not worth wasting any time stressing over. As long as you do your best what more can you do?

Stay positive :) :hug:

So why has she been a client for 3 years if shes unhappy??..
Ignore it luvli.. Some people are just made this way, im a beautician not a hairdresser but i have a client just like this.. This week she came out with comment "looks like someone needs to go back to college and practice there french polish" i just dont take it personally anymore as she sent two people to me this week for lashes and a spray tan as she "highly reccomends me".. Go figure :/
Ive given up trying to work it out lol i just do my job to the best i can and at the end of the day ther are LOADS of other salons/beauticians she could go to around me but she chooses to rebook everytime, yet i never seem to get it rite lol
So now i just ignore it :) and so should you.. Your not a bad hairdresser and if she really wasnt happy why is she still coming to you!!
Chin up and dont let it get to you :)

I think some people like to complain.

I have a lady twice a week, who tells me she needs me to do her hair this way or that way as it was a mess the whole time. So I blow dry it they way she asks. For her to put it back exactly how she always has it.

She's even taken the brush out my hand before. I jus laugh it off now.

Xx

Aww dont beat yourself up so hard about it. We all get the knobs like this but if anything learn from it. We as a salon rarely get complaints, its because we listen, consult keep our training up to date and it excudes confindence in us all. If anything it hopefully will make you stronger, not only that you've cut this client off, but you feeling capable to tackle her again should she dare! Chin up xoxo

Does anybody ever have days when they think they want to just quit? Had a client for 3 years who's never once liked her hair and today I almost cried when she told me for the millionth time she's unhappy..... and I'm not sure what to do? along side a quiet week makes me feel like I'm a rubbish hair dresser. Any advice to cheer me up would be great!! Xx
hi i think if she has been coming to you for 3 years lovey i wouldnt worry she is obviously one of those people we all have them. you will have to bite your tongue or just say that you have tried your best for the last few years and you dont seam ever to be happy with it why dont you try somewhere else just to see. i bet she wouldnt i said it once to a client and she didnt want to do anywhere else she just liked moaning but it does get you down so keep your chin up and try not to worry.;)

I have a client who's hair iv been doing for about 5 years and honestly I don't think thes been a time where iv showed her the back mirror and she's not said could I get more off this can I change that I used to dread her coming in as like you it makes you feel rubbish at the end then you start doubting yourself but then I realised that some people are just moaners like that and if I was that rubbish why would she still come chin up you just get clients that are set out to test you but you need to take the good with the bad ;-)

Hiya
I have loads of tricky clients :eek:
This one sounds passive aggressive
that means she keeps control by allowing you to do her hair coz she cant, but regains control by being rude.That keeps her having one over on you.
She will be like that in every service she gets, in a restaurant, or if she has a cleaner.nothing will ever be right in her minds eye.
Hairdressers and all Service workers have a hightened sensitivity to others needs, thats what makes us great listeners, and want to do our best.
Feel sorry for her coz she doesnt have that skill.
Think of all the clients who you love and have a rapour with? they have that exchange of communication that she doesnt.

Always in this situation I go through these steps
Technical practises
communication
results
I am honest with myself and then I try not to worry but it always takes a day to get over it.
Then I just let it go
iBig hugs:hug:

If she's been coming to you for three years - she must like something you're doing.

Does she give you any feedback on what she likes or doesn't?

It might be time to lose her as a client if she's making you this unhappy - or else you just learn to take what she says with a pinch of salt ...

I have a client like this - I wax her legs and she asks me to pass the tweezers, then she sits and plucks all the imaginary hairs she's implying i've missed! She complained when I moved the room round, and TOLD me to move it back (I didn't). She also said to me (when I worked from home) 'my mother lives in a huge house - i mean no offence but she'd never come to someone like you' Her mother moved near me and we get on like a house on fire. She is controlling just like your client. I have come very close to saying "I don't think I should book you in again - you obviously don't like what I do" but she still comes - like yours - years and years later, and I just grin and bear it! Have a little bet with yourself at how long your miserable client will be there before she starts complaining. When mine asks for the tweezers, I have to stop myself laughing now! I've also had loads of people who know her moaning about her, so I just feel a bit sorry for her!!! Def always worse in a quiet week -know what you mean. You just think IS THIS IT!!!! Chin up x

Latest posts

Back