Ruined by a Razor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaire

Reaction score
Hi all you lovely geeks!
I've come on here to ask you pros a question about cutting hair with a Razor.
Basically, I went to the hair dressers' recently to get some layers put through my hair. I have naturally curly/wavey thick hair.

Anyway - so I asked if i could have a bit of layering to give it a bit more volume on the top, because it tends to look flatter on top and thick further down. So the hair dresser starts to literelly shredding my hair with a razor (which i did not expect nor ask for). She takes about 2 inches off the length and thins it down loads as well as putting in choppy layers.
Now strangely, my hair doesn't go wavey or curly anymore. it's just straight, and it looks ratty and thin, and lacks movement. although it does look very layered.
I feel really upset because i'm so used to having bouncy thick wavey hair. The damage is done but is there any hope for me? do i really just have to wait for it to grow loads until it can look reasonable.

sounds to me like it been over texturised, and it been over layered then thined if it all ratty at the ends. . yup im afraid it gonna have to grow my love. . sack the stylist huh haha x

just be sure to keep it trimmed every 4-6 weeks 1 cm to half an inch ,blunt cut with traditional layers , if you dont have it cut it will get more and more straggly and unmanageable . after a trim or 2 it will look and feel much better promiseX i have thick and wavy hair and have had this done b4 , but its ok if you are dedicated to blowdrying and straightening , but if your not or want to give it a day off if swimming or on the beach -it often looks worse than if it was a littlewild and wavy .

Latest posts

Back