Running a Nail Art course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzanne

Reaction score
Hello,

Today ive been on my skill building with L&P at CND. And while i was there i got chatting and the lovely lady who teaches was looking at my nail art, and has asked if i fancy running a small nail art course. I almost fell off my chair in shock...me teach?!!
But now i quite fancy it! Im currently pricing up nail art kits.

Im wondering if anyone has any advise on it?

Much thank youness....xxxxxxx

what do you wanna know?

I enjoy doing it a lot... but it asks skills, as a nail artist, and as a teacher... and you have to consider the option of ppl coming who've never seen L&P before... which is boring.

but once you're used to that, it's awesome.

Wow, what an absolute honor to be asked something like that.

Unfortunately, I cant offer any advice but I just wanted to say congratulations and good luck

xxx

If your are passionate about it and good in what you are doing i think that it rubs of easily on students. I think that patience is one of the moste important virtues when it comes to teaching :D Some people that come to the courses who aren't natural born picasso's and can get frustrated when they don't get the hang of it like others in the course. It's important to really try and follow every one up while they are working to set them straight while they are doing something wrong. That is one of the reasons why i never hold courses with too many students. Dare to give honest critisism while being gentle. Plan a schedule up ahead and if you want you can make a bundle of the different techniques that they learn which they can use as reminders when they get home.

Good advise!! thank you.
And thanks -you wouldnt belive how shocked i was!!

I do love doing my nail art...i will get some pic's up sometime i promise lol!!
Think i'd only have 6-8 in a class, the room it will be in only holds 8 and not sure i could handle any more!

In the kits, would you have alot, or just do a taster kit with just a few bits? im struggling a bit... xx

help-anyone?? xx

Can't help I'm afraid. But I would like to say I'd be interested in a class with you! :green:

:hug:

Wow! That's the best compliment anyone can pay you.

I've tought IT to classes and believe me, there's a real skill in doing it. You've been given some good ideas here. The best piece of advice I can give you is.. prepare for any eventuality, have extra tasks on standby for the clever clogs (you'll always get one) and if you don't know the answer, be honest but tell them you'll find out for them.

There's a good website called Businessballs - free business training, free learning resources, ideas, and materials for ethical personal development, self-improvement and organisational development that offers free tips and advice and is an excellent tool for any trainer looking for resources and tips. I'm not saying all the stuff is brilliant but you're bound to find something usefull on it.

Hope this helps.

Gilly T xx

thank you gilly -i will have a read :)

And angel, that would be fab to meet a fellow geek, i'll let you when im going to run it hunny. xxx

Good advise!! thank you.

Think i'd only have 6-8 in a class, the room it will be in only holds 8 and not sure i could handle any more!

In the kits, would you have alot, or just do a taster kit with just a few bits? im struggling a bit... xx

I only include a brush for 3D work and a stand to place their tips on so they have both hands free. I bring all materials allong that they can use on the spot. colored powders and liquid to rhinestones, glass beads etc... but if they want to work with their own system they can bring their own products allong. Mostly i get hired by companies here, for example cnd and then they supply everything for use during the course.
If you make your own kit i wouldn't go nuts and put tons in there. Just the materials that you will use during your designs and some things you can bring for them to use on the spot. It's always good to retail materials after the course when they see what you can do with it

Good advise!! thank you.

Hi

Millennium nails do a brilliant nail art kit with a bit of everything in it, i use them to teach nail art with, if you call them for a catalogue, they do a student kit and a basic kit, the basic one is under £20 and it has stripers, diamantes, brushes, charms, topcoat, striping tape, foil etc, really good value and nicely presented, its perfect for students not wanting to spend loads but want to try various products and techniques. x

congratulations :) I would love do teach in nail art, my tutor got a friend of hers in to help us, but ,lol,even her mate says mine surpasses her own,so Im hoping ?? lol, maybe I should ask ? :) grats though :) xx

Latest posts

Back