Rusk Deep Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Had a quick look at these colours and the hand book. A bit long winded and very cotradictive. Has any one used these and can explain in colourist terms how to use them and not salesman jargon.
What %/vol is needed for grey coverage.
What %/vol is needed for deposit only.
What is the mixing ratio.
Are these colours worth trying or are they just as crap as all the other cheaper brands that are made in the one colour factory a in Italy. ie affinage, ion, etc.

Dont waste your time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Echos is an italian colour ans ir works quite well

Echos is an italian colour ans ir works quite well

Where can you get echos colours from?

I was sceptical 1st time of using but results are very good,100ml tube, mixing ratio 1 -1.5.i get them from an independent distributor.done 300 new clients in last 14 wks and not 1 complaint from clients or staff

I didn't get on with them. From memory the mixing ratio was 1 to 1.5. I contacted the consumer helpline to get more info as I had trialled the range and not had great results and had no luck so returned the unopened colours and eventually binned the rest.

I didn't get on with them. From memory the mixing ratio was 1 to 1.5. I contacted the consumer helpline to get more info as I had trialled the range and not had great results and had no luck so returned the unopened colours and eventually binned the rest.

Which colour was this rusk or echos

The training I got with them was not worth talking about but I gave the product a chance and it's being very good and im qujte happy with it

I use wella mostly but echo is a good colour

I use rusk
I never have problems
Mixing is 1:1.5
Tubes are 100ml
I was told that you can use 10 vol for grey coverage
but I always use 20 vol for grey coverage and 10vol for deposit
I find the colour can take a level darker so keep that in mind when formulating

I use rusk
I never have problems
Mixing is 1:1.5
Tubes are 100ml
I was told that you can use 10 vol for grey coverage
but I always use 20 vol for grey coverage and 10vol for deposit
I find the colour can take a level darker so keep that in mind when formulating

Can you mix 1-1 or does it definitely have to be 1-1.5.

I do 1-1 as I feel I get better coverage :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Echo is 1 to 1.5

Well tried rusk fair colour today!

No grey coverage what so ever.

Didn't even change the pigmented hair.

Didn't like the consistency.

The only good thing I can say about the whole experience is they come in a nice box.

Not happy👿

Well tried rusk fair colour today!

No grey coverage what so ever.

Didn't even change the pigmented hair.

Didn't like the consistency.

The only good thing I can say about the whole experience is they come in a nice box.

Not happy👿

Oh dear, what happened?

woah woah woah dont put affinage in the same boat as rusk or ion! its miles better! give it a shot its really easy to understand and works great, i love it

woah woah woah dont put affinage in the same boat as rusk or ion! its miles better! give it a shot its really easy to understand and works great, i love it

I've tried it. And really didn't get on with it. I'd say it's much more expensive than ion.
It doesn't cover and everything has a strange glow. But I know lots if people like it. When I contacted affinage and tried everything they suggested and it still didn't cover. Nice packaging though and good customer service!

Oh dear, what happened?

Well they grey didn't cover with 10 vol as recommended by there manual. It didn't even change the pigmented hair, 90% grey hair 10% base 7/0. And it made the hair really dry.

I've heard bad reviews particularly for grey coverage on Rusk, though it usually helps to decrease the recommended developer amount. 10 vol is meant for depositing pigments alone and 20 vol lifts 1-2 levels and so on. I found their reds are very vibrant and the old ash .01 toners were surprisingly nice and cool despite having a neutral primary tone.

I've heard bad reviews particularly for grey coverage on Rusk, though it usually helps to decrease the recommended developer amount. 10 vol is meant for depositing pigments alone and 20 vol lifts 1-2 levels and so on. I found their reds are very vibrant and the old ash .01 toners were surprisingly nice and cool despite having a neutral primary tone.

I did use 10 vol for deposit but no such luck, guess it's just not the range fit me. Xx

Latest posts

Back