Sable Brush Holder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
Hi,

I like to keep things organised :) I was wondering. Does anyone know where I can buy a sable brush holder to keep my brush/brushes in? What is the best way to store them as they're not cheap!

Many Thanks!

im not sure where you can buy the brush boxes from hun, i have ordered mine from creative , while im on my course

but i do know this, never store them standing up as the monomer left in the brush could run down into the ferrule and the metal will cause discolouration and contaminate your brush, after cleaning and wiping the excess liquid from your brush, store it on its side, making sure its flags are straight and not squashed against anything, my notes say you can wrap some lint free tissue around it

hths xx

Last edited:
Thanks Nicky :) That's really helpful :) I store my brush flat with tissue wrapped around the edge and not touching anything not to damage the bristles. It would be nice though to have a box to keep them secure. I could buy a plastic box but it would rattle around abit on the move.

Thanks Nicky :) That's really helpful :) I store my brush flat with tissue wrapped around the edge and not touching anything not to damage the bristles. It would be nice though to have a box to keep them secure. I could buy a plastic box but it would rattle around abit on the move.

well then i have a great tip for you hun, put two blobs of bluetack inside the box, and press the brush into that, no more rattling or moving whilst traveling:)
oh and i just thought, make sure the box you have bought is ok for that use, as some plastics would melt if they came into contact with monomer wouldnt they? im sure my tutor said be careful if using a plastic box
hths xxx

How about a plastic toothbrush holder? :green:

You beat me to it.. You can get all colours, bright or plain!! Dirt cheap from anywhere really!

They are ideal.. And especially with the bluetac idea to stop them from moving about..

xx

would this be ok, with the monomer?

i was told it had to be a certain type or the plastic would melt? i know it does cos ive spilt monomer before on plassy tablecloth and it goes white ans goey lol

hope someone can verify this for you hun, xx

That sounds like a good idea (using a toothbrush holder) and like you say they're cheap as chips :) I'll wait to see if anyone knows whether they're a good idea with the monomer?

That sounds like a good idea (using a toothbrush holder) and like you say they're cheap as chips :) I'll wait to see if anyone knows whether they're a good idea with the monomer?

well, ive never had a problem with it.
and besides if you use the blutac inside your box, the brush wont even touch the plastic.the brush will be practically dry any how, so just make sure your blutack prevents any contact between bristles and box .

Hi,

I like to keep things organised :) I was wondering. Does anyone know where I can buy a sable brush holder to keep my brush/brushes in? What is the best way to store them as they're not cheap!

Many Thanks!

Check out local art shops, they tend to cater to such things. Speaking of which...I think I might invest in one :idea:

I need to get some of this blue tak stuff. I didn't even know it existed until I joined this site lol.

Go to Nailzoo's website, he has a vid on how to make one, really neat. smart cookie he is.

I need to get some of this blue tak stuff. I didn't even know it existed until I joined this site lol.

i think you just call it something different in the usa.
is it sticky tack or something.

its just a sort of putty like adhesive, like you would use to put up a poster.

I'm salon based and I keep my brushes with their lids on, bristles facing down in my roll of forms, works well for me.....I used to have the worm coffin but I did find that over time the plastic would melt when a brush without a metal cover was stored in it, even when wrapped in a lint free pad and drained of monomer.

HTH

i think creative do a nice silver box which i beleive holds upto 3 brushes. I think i saw one on sale on ebay?

Lau x

i think creative do a nice silver box which i beleive holds upto 3 brushes. I think i saw one on sale on ebay?

The only downside is i have to turn my ultra sculptor the wrong way around to close the lid.

S

I have the silver CND box and store my master series brushes in it, and just so the brush heads dont get contaminated/damaged, I also use a pippette, cut the thinnest side off and use the other ball end to cover my brush heads, I have no problems at all.

So in theory you could use the pippette method and just wrap it in tissue until you find a suitable brush box.

Latest posts

Back