Sainsurys promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Has anyone had a letter about a promotion in the sainsburys magazine? The deal is, you pay them £50 and do a two for the price of one offer in your salon and they pass on your salon details to customers who contact them.
So you gain new clients during the offer period april 1st to may 31st.
You can choose which treatment(s) to offer the discount on and it has to be 3 days or more per week.

Sounds good in theory . . . but hmm. . . may - usually a month when we start to get really busy in the salon . . . do I want to cater for freebie clients who I might never see again? Who might want to start swapping treatments about and changing the terms of the offer?

But on the other hand, tempting. What a huge client base. Even if one in fifty clients rebooked a treatment that wouldn't be bad.

What do you all think? and have you heard from sainsburys?
Any thoughts would be welcome x

i got a call from marks and sparks but that was free
dont think id be paying 50 quid to them when there are companies that offer the same service for free.

i got it too. I filled out the form and then thought ''what the hell am i doing???''' paying £57 and the giving away free treatments also. Crazy! and from my experience from these things, they wont bring us any new clients!! it will be the existing ones who want the offer knowing my luck!!
xx

I have been approached by Sainsburys and M&S and I was tempted. But I agree those who come for freebies or cheap treatments rarely stay as long term clients. I know this from when I offered cheap treatments for models when I wanted to refine my skills. The money could be put to targetting the right marketing sector - bringing the quality clients we need.:hug:

can you explain the marks and spencer idea, do you just go in and ask them to do the offer for you, and is theirs definately free x:hug:

I had the letter from sainsburys too,
it went straight in the bin, why would i pay them £57 for 1 month of advertising to give away free treatments,
i could spend about £8 at vista print getting cards made up offering the same offer and hand them out in the car park of sainsburys or outside any good store for free

oh Lou you crack me up!!!

I dont really think they're worth it only do the ones where they pay you too take the clients!!

I don't know about the Sainsbury's or M&S deal.

I'm a member of the FHT & they offer free to their members to opt into their 2 4 1 promotion. They do promotiona with mags & papers such as Top Sante & Daily Mail.

I have had a couple of clients from this offer but nothing to shout about if I am honest. If I had have paid for this promotion, I wouldnt have been happy with the amount, or lack of, clients it generated.

I get better results printing promotional offers off Vistaprint.
xx

Great answers everyone!
Right - you've all helped me make up my mind, yes why should I pay Sainsburys a bean? after all they're making enough money according to the news earlier this month. I threw the idea around the girls at my salon today and there was a mixed opinion, so now you guys have the casting vote and have helped me make my decision. . . I love this site! plenty of plain speaking.
I'm doing promotions at my salon right now anyway, and on my website, and I was planning to do a last one for Mother's Day, then see how things were picking up for the spring. I didn't really want to rush into another one during May as we're usually busy enough.
So thanks again guys for all your opinions x

Latest posts

Back