Sally's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
So we know how much people like to think they can do as good a job if not better, than hairdressers simply by going to sally's and getting a colour. Is it just me who hates this? I avoid sally's at all cost too!!

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

i know before i left englnad , sallys in leeds became pro only :green: so people without a trade card couldnt even buy a tub of hair gel , lol .. i always used to bet my stuff from beautydirect or dennis williams which were pro only too .. in canada and the staes its different sallys is just open to everyone the only differrence is you buy stock at trade cost if you have a card ... overe here theres noo end of people doing their own hair , nails ,waxing .. everything really i find its worse here than in england lol

i even had a woman come to me for a set of sculpts ... decided i made it look easy and proceeded to do a video tut on you tube using garbage from the dollar store it wasnt a pretty sight , when she started fliling into her fingers , and bleeding everywhere ..
buy hey she edited the video to say she did em in 40 mins , lmao .. it would have took me 40 mins to file down the amount of product on her nails , :lol:

I just feel I didn't do all my training etc for some spotty teenager to say to someone in sally's oh yeah use that it will look lovely!!! Lol ARGH!!!

I agree it also drives me nuts that the staff who are not all hairdressers feel they can tell them what to buy and how to do it i had a client a few week ago who and went in with bright red hair and the girl sold her bleach and 40vol so when she came in to me she was like a big orange ball of cotton wool on top of her head why do they feel because they sell the stuff they know what to do with it

Ohhh cotton wool isn't the best!!! I had a client who did her own extensions cause a girl that worked there said yh it's easy!! My client is growing bald patches of hair back currently!!

Hi

Sallys really annoy me! And all this about them going pro only? Load of crap!! Round were I live clients just "borrow" people's trade cards and go shopping at trade prices!!

Personally I boycott them and have done for the 22 years I have had my salon!! Dennis Williams are getting just as bad!

Anything for a quick buck huh!!

I have hated sallys for years for working in this way and selling to Joe public x they should go bust for it

Hi
I tend to go to Sally's only because it's close to where I work. Can anyone recommend a reliable alternative in the South East area?

Thanks
Su

Yeh I don't know where else I would get things like foil, gloves, bowls and brushes etc?

like some of the girls above...its the only warehouse under a half an hour drive for me, so for those must get today items I do use Sally's now and again. But it dosnt do us any favours I must admit they they serve the public :(

Yeh I don't know where else I would get things like foil, gloves, bowls and brushes etc?

have you tried salons direct hun , its a mail order firm x

I'll have a look online thanks dawl xxx

I'll have a look online thanks dawl xxx

You have also got Aston and finches, ellisons and salon serve and their is another one but can't for the life of me think of the name, but salonsdirect is expensive postage :( x

I would try salonsdirect and ellisons too x

Cool blades is good too. I find sallys quite naff to be honest.

ive started getting alot of my stock from hd direct they are based in scotland but deliver all over uk there prices are alot cheaper as well my last order i saved over £50 there is alot of things not on there web site so if there is something im looking for i just call them if they havent got it they try there best to get it Salon Supplies, Services & Furniture for professional hair & beauty salons. Edinburgh Scotland

Hi me again!

I use salons direct and beauty express. The shipping is usually free online over a certain amount and if you ask for a catalogue and sign up for the news letter they are always sending discounts out. In fact my last catalogue came with £15 discount x

I have to say that my local Sally's is really hot on the card issue - as soon as you get in the door, they ask if you have a card and you have to show it.

Sallys near me will sell to non professionals without a card but for higher prices. I think the same as everyone else and think they shouldn't. Capital have stores in the south east. You need a card to go in there and as far as I know won't sell to you without one. You have to take your qualifications in and proof of address etc to get one x

I agree Sallys are a joke, a few years ago my sister goes in, she's not a hairdresser, or in the beauty industry, no relevant qualifications what so ever - walks out with 40 vol peroxide and whatever else she thought was a good idea to buy.
Im a fully qualified hairdresser with certification - struggled and argued with little miss jobsworth for over half an hour, until she reluctantly allowed me to have a card and purchase my products.
Needless to say that branch has now CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!:)

Latest posts

Back