Salmon pink.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicalouise

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if someone could help me. I have been wanting to go a salmon pink colour in my hair for ages. Right now my hair's about a level 7 with a coppery/browny type tone. At the salon i work at we use Wella, at the moment i've been toning with 7/75, 9/16 & a little 44/65 but it's just not doing it. Can anyone suggest another toner from Wella or even another brand? Thanks :)

hi , i think that a level 7 may be a bit to dark a base for a true salmon pink tone . you may need to have some pieces prelightened slightly amd then run a toner /semi or colour bath over the top. ive heard that the pink/violet mixtone from wella is really good to mix in and add pink tones to hair ,but i myself have never used it

Thanks for your response!
We've pre lightened my hair before & toned it, but i think we toned it too dark & we've also tried the pink mixtone too but my hair is so stubborn haha. Any suggestions on a toner if i get some highlights? :)

When you have prelightened the chosen bits of your hair preferably to a yellowish blonde you could perhaps pick up a
some pure pigment colours , eg : fudge ,crazy colour, or star gazer,
you would probably have to create a mix of a pale pink and a touch of
(gold /orange tones depending on how much yellow is present)
to get the salmon pink shade,

or maybe someone else knows of colour company that already do a proper salmon pink colour :)

Joico VeroUltra in Butterscotch over pre lightened hair....discovered this by accident, lovely salmon shade, not quite what we were after, but resulted in a new trick for the books!

maybe try mixing the fudge pink moon + a whiter shade of pale + the orange one (sorry, not sure of the name!)

or jsut make your hair bright pink and wait for it to fade to orangey!

ive discovered this fading to salmon pink by accident before! i used the wella pink over my rather orange bleached bit and it wa sa gorgeous pink for a week, the went salmon!

:)

Thank you to everyone :) I'll let you know how i go!

Latest posts

Back