Salon Gold insuring people to use Bluesky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
I found out tonight that a friend of mine has got insurance with salon gold, they have told her they will insure her for using Bluesky, now i am with them and will ring them tomorrow and find out.

She claims they said aslong as you have an MSDS for Blusesky they will insure you to use it,which i find strange, has anyone else heard of insurance companies insuring techs for this?.

Why shouldn't they? They are providing insurance ... For their underwriters they just need to see MSDS to verify product contents.

Yes it may be a cheap knock off but insurance companies don't require you only use grab leaders do they.

I didnt expect insurance companies to insure a knock off product, bit taken aback to say the least!

Insurers are not in the business of policing infringements of patents or brand copies. If all they require are MSDS and this brand has them then they will not enquire further. Quite rightly actually

They are (or should) be more concerned with the qualifications of those they are insuring. Sadly, I don't think they pay too much attention to this either. Quite wrongly!

Fortunately, insurance policies to get tested too often by litigation in this country! I think if they did more people would read the small print more carefully!! :irked:

I didn't think MSDS were available for bluesky where did she get that from?

Quote off their website or what a quick search on google brought up as their website, 'Bluesky Shellac is manufactured under strict conditions and all colours are European and British safety standards approved. MSDS sheets are available on request.'

I didn't think MSDS were available for bluesky where did she get that from?

Off some woman on facebook who sells it but she told my mate she is a qualified tech,there is a secret group for it x

Quote off their website or what a quick search on google brought up as their website, 'Bluesky Shellac is manufactured under strict conditions and all colours are European and British safety standards approved. MSDS sheets are available on request.'

Beat me to it

Insurers do not insure the products used, none of us know if we're allergic to any product of our products that we use until we use it, insurers insure the treatment that is carried out by the professional on the client, regards Salon Gold they are not insuring bluesky I've seen email confirmation of this.

Insurers do not insure the products used, none of us know if we're allergic to any product of our products that we use until we use it, insurers insure the treatment that is carried out by the professional on the client, regards Salon Gold they are not insuring bluesky I've seen email confirmation of this.

Do you have to supply an extensive list of the products you use for them to cover you?

The insurer may insure for using Bluesky, but they will not insure for misrepresentation, so it is important that anyone who uses Bluesky :)cry:) makes clear to the client that it is not CND Shellac. Misrepresenting the product is not insurable.

Do you have to supply an extensive list of the products you use for them to cover you?

Most insurers want to see the qualifications/certification of the treatments you are offering to the client they do not ask to see extensive lists of products used... I do know that Bluesky have MSDS sheets and I do know of another insurer who are happy to insure technicians using Bluesky, the email was specifically asked if salon gold will insure Bluesky users, the reply was unfortunately not!! Xx

Latest posts

Back