Salon in an office suite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid but i'm a little confused their is an office to let in an area were I would love to work but its within a building were they are all acountants etc. Financial advisors.

I would be offering male waxing My question is, is this legal the landlord doesn't have a problem with it and its a bargin. It has a bathroom, kitchen and own receptionist (shared).

Thank You

Angela:hug:

Don't see why it wouldn't be legal, it's a great idea. Often thought of doing it myself. Are you going to do it full time or just a few days a week?

If its legal (cant see why not) it could be a fantastic opportunity ! You have a possible clientele sitting right under your nose. I visit 2 office blocks in my week and offer treatments that can be done in there lunch hours. I can see you doing well with back neck shoulder massage! You could even do a special 10 minute package so they can book in for there tea break! x

oooops sorry just re read your post and realised you will just be offering waxing :) (its early!) still a great idea! x

I think it sounds perfect. However, every commercial property has a grading/listing, which specifies what they can be used for. For example, you know how an office can't just set themselves up as selling food without council permission. Ask your local council rather than your landlord as he justs wants to rent it out. Good luck. :hug:

Sorry to sound stupid but i'm a little confused their is an office to let in an area were I would love to work but its within a building were they are all acountants etc. Financial advisors.

I would be offering male waxing My question is, is this legal the landlord doesn't have a problem with it and its a bargin. It has a bathroom, kitchen and own receptionist (shared).

Thank You

Angela:hug:

Go for it if but check first with the council and landlord to see if they don't have any objections as there may be an issue with the type of business allowed to trade under the planning permission of the building. It would be great if you could become friendly with all the local businesses as i'm sure it would bring you loads of business.

Good advice here- the Council (and Landlord for that matter!) will be able to confirm the Planning Use given to this building. It is probably Offices which means you may have trouble. I have copied this from the Planning Portal website,

Use classes order
The following classes of use for England are set out in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 and its subsequent amendments.

A1 Shops - Shops, retail warehouses, hairdressers, undertakers, travel and ticket agencies, post offices, pet shops, sandwich bars, showrooms, domestic hire shops, dry cleaners and funeral directors.
A2 Financial and professional services - Banks, building societies, estate and employment agencies, professional and financial services and betting offices.
A3 Restaurants and cafés - For the sale of food and drink for consumption on the premises - restaurants, snack bars and cafes.
A4 Drinking establishments - Public houses, wine bars or other drinking establishments (but not a night clubs).
A5 Hot food takeaways - For the sale of hot food for consumption off the premises.

Your solicitor also needs to establish if you are having a lease in your own right (i.e. from the Landlord) or you are taking a sub-let from one of the offices (in which case the Landlord must also consent)

Latest posts

Back