Salon Services nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
Salon services offer an intensive 4/5 day course in which provides you with a 'Complete Nail Technician' certificate. This incorporates manicure/pedicure, anatomy & all nail systems.

Has anyone completed this course and if so would they recommend it?

I am already qualified in manicure, pedicure & anatomy therefore they stated I would only need to do 3 days in order to learn about the systems. I live in a remote area therefore I have to travel a fair distance to go anywhere so an intensive course would be more practical and cost effective for me.

Is this a sensible option??

So you just want to learn acrylics? How muh is the course costing you to do?

The course offers arcylic,gel, silk and fibreglass. The course is £210 plus VAT. This price does not include any kits.

The course offers arcylic,gel, silk and fibreglass. The course is £210 plus VAT. This price does not include any kits.

Step away from the dark side:Scared:
I'm sorry I do not believe that anyone can learn to do all three systems that quickly.

If I were you I would look around your area and see whats popular, ie L&P or gels, aiming to do a course in which ever is the popular system I would then phone Sweet Squared, NSI and EzFlow and discuss the training they provide to see which one suits the direction you wish to go in.
I say this again and again, you get what you pay for and the ladies and gents who make it in this industry have all trained with top class companies sometimes all of them:eek: Good luck hun:hug:

i have noticed alot of training like this (all 3 services for a mega low price)- just be very wary- i was an idiot and went for something like this 2 years ago. It was nail technology followed by acrylic, gel then fibreglass- all for £300 but when i finished it all i got was a certificate that said i had paid and went!:mad:

Obviously not worth the £300- it has been a useful tool as i ve learnt some details of the nail itself and decided on a system i prefered (l&p) but in the long run i ve only had to pay more for better and more specific training.....

i have noticed alot of training like this (all 3 services for a mega low price)- just be very wary- i was an idiot and went for something like this 2 years ago. It was nail technology followed by acrylic, gel then fibreglass- all for £300 but when i finished it all i got was a certificate that said i had paid and went!:mad:

Obviously not worth the £300- it has been a useful tool as i ve learnt some details of the nail itself and decided on a system i prefered (l&p) but in the long run i ve only had to pay more for better and more specific training.....

I too have been there and done that, i did a 'course' that said i got a nail technician certificate, well i did i got a certificate that said id attended a course and passed, problem was none of the big suppliers (CND, Ezflow, NSI etc) recognised it neither did the insurance companies,

and although £210 +vat seems resonable compaer to shelling out £600+ for a more recognised company, bear in mind a decent kit can easy set you back £300 to get everything you need to get started, so theres not much of a saving anyway

now ive just done a 5day course learning one system and i still dont think i know all i need to know, (ive learnt so much from this site and will continue to take courses etc) so i really do not think its possible to learn 3 systems in such a short time, please do some research on here about training etc and see what you can find thats near you and suits you hun, you wont regret it honest

good luck in whatever you decide hun xx

Salon services offer an intensive 4/5 day course in which provides you with a 'Complete Nail Technician' certificate. This incorporates manicure/pedicure, anatomy & all nail systems.

Has anyone completed this course and if so would they recommend it?

I am already qualified in manicure, pedicure & anatomy therefore they stated I would only need to do 3 days in order to learn about the systems. I live in a remote area therefore I have to travel a fair distance to go anywhere so an intensive course would be more practical and cost effective for me.

Is this a sensible option??

Hi,

I did this course to get me started, and I have to say I found it very good. You get certificates for competence for each system you complete, at the end of the course, if you pass the exam.
This course is recognised by insurance companies and is approved by the ANT.
I wouldn't have done the course otherwise.
4 of the days are spread out over a period of 2 weeks, and then your final day (exam day) is approx 6 weeks later.
They give you up to 6 weeks to get plenty of practice in, before you take your exam, and they give you lots support and help along the way.
The educator who taught my class was lovely and very helpful, she even gave us her direct number, so we could ring her for advice at any time.
I would definately recommend this course to, at the very least, get you started. I hope that helps! :green:

why dont you try young nails you can learn l+p or gel, it is more expensive than the course your looking at but at least you will come out confident in that system rather than coming out with a vague idea of a few systems. I think sparklybits on here is the scottish trainer for young nails pm her

hi...i would suggest having a look at Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd - Hairdressing & Beauty Wholesalers as they have loads of training courses on there. you can book them through the web i think but it might be helpful to phone or go to your local capital to speak to the staff, they will know what to suggest!

I know i picked up some course sheets from my local capital (in Hove) last time i was in there and they included all the details on the course like cost, times, what is included, what you need, who it's suitable for and what it covers. really helpful!!

Thanks for all your help!! I haven't decided what to do as yet but I will take everything into consideration.
:)

Latest posts

Back