Salon Services now selling IBX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodieeeanne

Reaction score
Just been onto their website and seen IBX on SS website. Not sure if they'll have in store but they also have a VAT free day on Thursday.

Might be old news but I thought worth noting x

Last edited:
Was just about to comment about vat free on Thursday!

I thought this was being sold solely by Louella Belle but sure enough, there it is!

I think it will encourage some to invest :)

I set up a louella belle account solely to get IBX. It was a faff and cost a fortune including delivery. But if I could pop over the road and get IBX on a vat free day there and then I would be so chuffed xxx

Typical - set up an account with LB and placed my order for it yesterday :grr:

Just been onto their website and seen IBX on SS website. Not sure if they'll have in store but they also have a VAT free day on Thursday. :)

Might be old news but I thought worth noting :) xxx

How disappointing!

It's a bit disappointing that they are stocking it to be honest. It's probably just my personal thing but I tend not to invest in ranges they stock so clients can't just walk in and buy it for themselves as the Express stores also sell to non professionals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm surprised at the response actually.. I have always been asked for my trade card when buying and have never seen them knowingly sell to non professionals.

I see it as making a great product more readily available and where's the harm in that ? IBX is an amazing one of a kind product and those who perhaps don't browse forums or order through louella belle may not know about it.

I certainly won't be buying it from Louella belle if I can pick the same product up for cheaper. It's business sense x

It's because they have 2 different stores. Salon Services is trade only and displays all the prices as trade prices. Then there is there other store Sally's which is the same company and sells all the same products but displays general public prices and when you show your trade card you get the lower trade price. They sell to both the public and trade. X

I've seen people be refused for trade only products in sally's stores.

I know how RRP & trade prices work but for products that are professional use only I have never seen them sell these to a member of the general public.

Maybe it's my local one that hasn't got their act together then. They honestly don't see a difference between what is professional and what isn't. I've been in myself and seen people buy things they shouldn't. Also, only last week a friend of mine who has no qualifications at all walked in after watching some YouTube tutorials and bought professional hair colouring products and some bottles of gelish. I find it hard to believe my local Sallys is the only one too as I've also seen it happen in Dundee and Dunfermline as well as my local in Glenrothes. So it's just my personal views on it. Perhaps they could work on being more consistent with their staff training and instill some confidence in those who have lost faith in their company :) x

Well I go to my local Sally's store and you can't buy anything without a trade card x

Well I go to my local Sally's store and you can't buy anything without a trade card x

You can at my local one.

We have capital and salon services here.
I only ever use capital who ALWAYS ask for the card.
I refuse to go I to the salon services as the staff are rude and unhelpful.
Thankfully (although I joined here a year or so ago) I have started coming on here in the last week and found a thread on it so bought from LB

Fantastic news! I will order online on Thursday when Salon Services have a VAT free day. Thanks to Jodieeeanne for sharing!

I was just looking at the sure it seems you can only buy it under the trade site. When you search for it on retail site it doesn't come up.
I did wonder how clients would be able to do themselves if they could buy it!

Don't forget guys, vat free day today. I went to my local sally but the don't stock gellux, luckily I came home and ordered a load over the phone so I'm pleased.
Bring on September, am hoping to really push my nail business once my children are back to school. Glad I got loads a fab new colours coming soon too :lol:

I have just bought my IBX duo from Louella Belle as I thought they were the only UK distributor.

Gutted its being sold in Salon Services as I tend not to use any products that they sell.

Had hoped for once that this New system would stay professional only and not readily available to the public to use.

Latest posts

Back