Salon software: really useful or really wasteful?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does web based have a lower monthly cost? Our SoftBooking, as many others have no monthly fee?

Not trying to be funny, but I get frustrated when u see online as the be all and end all.

Online systems are prone to problems.

I have an article about it on our site www.beautysalonsoftware.co.uk

Worth a read

consider if you want an installed based system vs web based.

There are significant cost differences to consider.

Also software that can help increase your revenue by having integrated marketing tools, and ecommerce ( gift certificates!), can be a huge revenue booster for you.

Installed = large $ upfront - no monthly costs (online booking is extra per month)

Web-based = smaller monthly payments

Depends on your financial situation.

Software can help you save time and grow your business.

You should try and see demonstrations of the software so you can get a feel for how it works from a users perspective.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

What is salon genius like? I loved the finger print recognition for safety, and the fact it would do your ordering for you.... But seriously the cost! So far I'm loving Salonlite for an easy to use FREE online system... Takes stress away from me answering the phone, my clients book their own appointments which they now love!

Id opt for a simple password. Never got into the bio id thing

What is salon genius like? I loved the finger print recognition for safety, and the fact it would do your ordering for you.... But seriously the cost! So far I'm loving Salonlite for an easy to use FREE online system... Takes stress away from me answering the phone, my clients book their own appointments which they now love!

I'm with you, i use Salonlite its perfect i only got it as a temporay fix as im a mobile technician working around my current job and i never had time to answer the phone, facebook or twitter =[ but now everyone can book there own appointments i just go on everyday and make sure that ive put the hours and days i cant come and see them.

Beltin idea, i am a cluts and lose everything this is so much easier =]]:D

StudioTracker also has fingerprint recognition :), it speeds up your reception duties as the customers details are brought up instantly, also unlike membership cards customers can not forget their finger or share courses! It also improves security and enhances your salons image!

I should point out that there's an upgrade path from Salonlite to our desktop products like Premier Style, so if people want to get the added features of the desktop software you can do so pretty easily.

How does web based have a lower monthly cost? Our SoftBooking, as many others have no monthly fee?

Not trying to be funny, but I get frustrated when u see online as the be all and end all.

Online systems are prone to problems.

Think you might have misinterpreted the statement there (in fairness, it's a bit oddly written). I think what he's trying to say is basically "low monthly payments", as opposed to the larger initial cost of a desktop system.

Obviously, we do both online and desktop products, so I know there's pros and cons to either way. Online is brilliant for the smaller businesses who need something cheap and easily accessible while they concentrate on growing their business, and I'd say we're only going to see more and more 'cloud-based' apps as people want to offload buying and maintaining hardware.

Admittedly, the whole "but what if your internet goes down?" argument does amuse me a little - what if your power goes off? What if your appointment book blows away? There's always going to be something that could potentially disrupt a system, there's just no way around it. Fortunately, it's pretty rare that these things happen - and at least, with things like Salonlite on an iPad, you just use 3G for a while. Problem solved! :)

Edit: I would assume that RobertG1 is probably trying to sell his own system - would be nice if he made this clear (I try and make sure people know who I work for, as does SSUK) to the community...

Hi chick, how do you get around colours and cut blow drys when your customer comes to pay? Do you do two separate transactions? I asked salon lite but no one came back to me x

Hi chick, how do you get around colours and cut blow drys when your customer comes to pay? Do you do two separate transactions? I asked salon lite but no one came back to me x

But it all through on one, as I don't have many multiple clients but I'll have a play later for you :0) x

But it all through on one, as I don't have many multiple clients but I'll have a play later for you :0) x

I had a go on it a few months ago and you couldn't book colour then a gap then cut and blowdry unless you did two separate transactions. Let me know how you get on though because I do want to try a system but I want to hear more customer opinions as opposed to the software makers!x

I had a go on it a few months ago and you couldn't book colour then a gap then cut and blowdry unless you did two separate transactions. Let me know how you get on though because I do want to try a system but I want to hear more customer opinions as opposed to the software makers!x

Will do! Ps... Loving Tigi! ;) x

Ian.

Im one of the anti web based clan. I have a whole document explaining the negatives. (as im sure you have for the pros)

But it is a growing market I agree.

I think he is selling, and agree this should be made clear. There are a few 'sellers' here and I think we all work well together, polite and never degrading each others products. Like you said we are also open about what we sell.
Would be good to see robert here, and adopting the same approach.- welcome.

Apologies if we've missed anything - did you email the question to us? I've not seen anything come in about that particular issue.

If you'd like to drop me a line direct at [email protected], I'll be happy to help. Either that, or you can raise a question via our social support page

Ian.

Im one of the anti web based clan. I have a whole document explaining the negatives. (as im sure you have for the pros)

But it is a growing market I agree.

I think he is selling, and agree this should be made clear. There are a few 'sellers' here and I think we all work well together, polite and never degrading each others products. Like you said we are also open about what we sell.
Would be good to see robert here, and adopting the same approach.- welcome.

Yep, always felt it's best to be entirely transparent. I've mentioned it on here before, but I'm not even a sales guy - I'm a tech / support person who just started helping people out on here!

Apologies if we've missed anything - did you email the question to us? I've not seen anything come in about that particular issue.

If you'd like to drop me a line direct at [email protected], I'll be happy to help. Either that, or you can raise a question via our social support page

Yep, always felt it's best to be entirely transparent. I've mentioned it on here before, but I'm not even a sales guy - I'm a tech / support person who just started helping people out on here!

I sent you a message on here. I don't think salon lite is enough for what I'm after. I'll think about a bigger system, but after Christmas when the salon calms down!x

I sent you a message on here. I don't think salon lite is enough for what I'm after. I'll think about a bigger system, but after Christmas when the salon calms down!x

Sorry, not sure how I missed that one! We do have desktop systems with extra functionality as well, if that would be of interest. Feel free to drop me a message (I'll keep my eye out, promise! :) ) if you've got any questions or want me to get one of our sales team in touch with you.

See my post above - if you're looking for a system without the cost, Salonlite is unrestricted, unlimited, and free.

thank you! just found you helped me with this as still getting use to salon geek!
getting better! will give this a go!
thankyou so much

Latest posts

Back