Salon System eyelash glue - comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmandie

Reaction score
hello, i have been trained in lash perfect eyelash extensions and was wondering if anyone used the salon system glue as it is much cheaper? also would i still be able to use the glue remover i have. is lash glue basically all the same. thanks for any comments

Lash glues are all very different, and you have different types for different applications.
I am not familiar with salon systems glue (i didn't know they did a semi-permanent one) so can't comment on that.
For semi-permanent glue you can get sensitive glues and faster glues.
Sensitive are generally fume free but take a while to dry and faster glues have some fumes (some stronger than others) but dry much faster.
Generally speaking I use the same remover for each glue I have used or tried out and not had a problem, but another geek on another thread said she had trouble with the remover she had so I couldn't say for certain.
Hope that helps a little xx

In our salon over xmas we ran out of our eyelash glue and needed some quickly for some clients so we bought the salon system black glue from the wholesalers as a temp measure. However it works a treat and is just as good as the more expensive glue we was using so have now stuck to it!

I've looked at the Salon Systems glue before but I think it's just for the party & cluster lashes - not individual semi permanent lashes.

Am interested to know how it would work for semi permanent lashes tho' as it REALLY cheap!

I've looked at the Salon Systems glue before but I think it's just for the party & cluster lashes - not individual semi permanent lashes.

Am interested to know how it would work for semi permanent lashes tho' as it REALLY cheap!

Thats what I thought too , I use it for cluster lashes only x

I've just come onto this site to post exactly the same question. I also trained with Lash Perfect and I think the glue is expensive. I saw the Salon System glue which is so much cheaper but I'm nervous to try it on a client in case the lashes all fall off. Perhaps I'll try it on one of my friends then I'll let you know. Does anyone else use any other glues which are good and reasonably priced?:confused:

What does it say on the bottle and I'll go and get some? Thx

I only ever use the Salon Systems glue for cluster lashes also.
I wasn't aware they do one for Semi-Permanent Lashes, but please feel free to correct me if Im wrong! :)

If thet dont, I personally wouldn't try using it on SP lashes, the reasons being is that I recommend cluster lashes for weekend wear only, it's rare for my clients to go much longer before they start to come out.

I don't think the Salon Systems glue had been manufactured for use with SP lashes. For starters it's ALOT thicker than normal SP glue and Im also doubtful as to the sort of returns you'd see if used with SP lashes.

I'd personally rather have the peace of mind knowing I'd used the correct glue for the correct application & Im pretty sure my clients would agree too! :)

Just to clarify, the glue I use for cluster lashes is the Salon Systems Individual Eyelash Adhesive.

Having had a little hunt on google, it turns out Salon Systems DO manufacture a glue for SP lashes, which is the Salon Systems Marvel Lash Glue.

Apologies if my post above was misleading, I shall now go eat some humble pie! ;) Xxx

Hi ladies. I trained with the salon system range as when I called the trainer she seemed the most helpful and friendly. I don't really know any different to any other glue. It holds them on well,but personally,as I got faster with a bit of momentum,I wouldn't of minded one with a bit quicker drying time. I lost a fair bit of time holding the lash in place. Maybe it's me as I've not done that many clients yet and there's a knack to it.

HTH.

The salon systems glue isn't intended for Semi Permanent Eyelashes, I think it might be a false economy. Try Flirties- their glue is excellent. I use Lash Perfect lashes but Flirties glue :)

I've been trying to make my mind up about a better glue,as I haven't enjoyed doing them so much with the holding time. However,it was the glue that was supplied in their kit,so I presume that it is perfectly acceptable to use with individual lashes.

I've been trying to make my mind up about a better glue,as I haven't enjoyed doing them so much with the holding time. However,it was the glue that was supplied in their kit,so I presume that it is perfectly acceptable to use with individual lashes.

I'd definately recommend the Flirties expert strength, super quick drying time and holds really well, clients are returning with lots of lashes left after 3 weeks.
It's a bit more expensive than the glue your currently using but it's worth that extra cost, considering how much time it will save you :) x

I'd definately recommend the Flirties expert strength, super quick drying time and holds really well, clients are returning with lots of lashes left after 3 weeks.
It's a bit more expensive than the glue your currently using but it's worth that extra cost, considering how much time it will save you :) x

Ah,thanks for that. I will have a look and give it a go. I saw one site had about 12 glues to choose from. I was so confused,I clicked it off and had another glass of wine instead. I haven't done any lashes for ages because they were getting on my nerves. Sticking together even though I did each eye alternate and no two lashes together. If it's stronger,does it have more odour?

Ah,thanks for that. I will have a look and give it a go. I saw one site had about 12 glues to choose from. I was so confused,I clicked it off and had another glass of wine instead. I haven't done any lashes for ages because they were getting on my nerves. Sticking together even though I did each eye alternate and no two lashes together. If it's stronger,does it have more odour?

Wine helps everything! Lol
It is a bit more fumey but i've never had a client worry or complain about it, I've been using it for a year now so I'm sure if it was a prob someone would have mentioned it! :)

Sounding good then. Some of the girls I work with had their lashes done in Shanghai (I'm crew in real life). Nothing short of super glue was used. They always come out with red eyes and I'm sure half their lashes melt.

for the flirties glue users, whats the shelf life f=after the bottle has been opened, thanks x

for the flirties glue users, whats the shelf life f=after the bottle has been opened, thanks x

Ruth,
the bottle states 9 months after opening (which is impressive) but I find it starts to change consistency and go a bit stringy after 2 months max. Maybe it's something I do but I always shake well, make sure lid is firmly closed etc so I'm not sure what I could do differently to make it last longer.

great, thanks for that , going to have to be the next one I try, so many people have said such good things about it.

Wow 9 months is impressive I use lash fx glue its got a four month self life . I do feel I could maybe go with a quicker setting glue I have seen flirties come up again and again is there an odour free one from flirties ? And then would I have to by flirties remover too ?

Latest posts

Back