Salonlite - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelley loney

Reaction score
We are looking into a computerised appointment system. Salonlite is onevthat has popped up. Has anyone used it? Can anyone give any advice or recommendations? Xx

i'm using it and like it. i would prefare if the admin could be password locked so only the owner/manager could access that .

I believe there is a free version too. Do you know if card payments can be taken on it?

As a hairdresser I can't spilt appointments so its not great for cut and colour appts. Anyone suggest some software which works well for hairdressers and isn't v v expensive?!

I can't go on enough about Salonlite! I found it this week and it's amazing, especially texting clients 24 hours before to remind them of their appointment. Gives you financial reports and top customers and treatments etc, it's brilliant :lol:

Hi StudioTracker salon software caters for split bookings and also has advanced security levels to allow staff managers and administrators to have different levels of access into the areas of the software. The software is competitively priced and has different packages to suit differing salons requirements. Interest free payment options are also available to allow you to spread the cost.

You can also have a free trial of StudioTracker salon software to enable you to see if you think it is worth the investment Studio Tracker > salon software.

We are looking into a computerised appointment system. Salonlite is onevthat has popped up. Has anyone used it? Can anyone give any advice or recommendations? Xx

Hi, I'm from Premier Software who provide Salonlite.

I'm much happier for people who use it to give their opinions (I'm always going to say it's great, but it's much more believable from people who genuinely use it!) but if you have any specific questions feel free to give me a shout.

i'm using it and like it. i would prefare if the admin could be password locked so only the owner/manager could access that .

Good idea - will raise that one in house and see if it's something we can look into for a future update.

I believe there is a free version too. Do you know if card payments can be taken on it?

It's entirely free. At the moment, it's mainly based around scheduling rather than acting as a full-blown point of sale, so there's no card payments - yet!

As a hairdresser I can't spilt appointments so its not great for cut and colour appts. Anyone suggest some software which works well for hairdressers and isn't v v expensive?!

Have replied to your private message about that :)

I can't go on enough about Salonlite! I found it this week and it's amazing, especially texting clients 24 hours before to remind them of their appointment. Gives you financial reports and top customers and treatments etc, it's brilliant :lol:

:cool:

You might want to check out www.youreontime.com which is not entirely different to SalonLite in concept (both web based salon software) and does allow split appointments and many other features. Contact me with questions. :)

Last edited:
I can suggest vantage salon software. I use it in my salon, it's easy to use, does everything I need it to and Wes gives absolutely fantastic customer service. Nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended. Hth x

I have been using salon lite for about a month now and its great , really easy to use once its set up. Yeah there could be other feature but at the end of the day its free. I originslly used it as I cant afford to pay out on a system but will be saving so I can upgrade to premier (salon lite paid software). If I have had any problems the customer service is first rate fast response and issues sorted quickly. I highly recommend salon lite still can't believe its free.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I am a major salon lite fan.

I've been using it since the beginning of may.

I am a beauty salon and use it for scheduling appointments for my salon, which now has 2 rooms and 4 staff.

For me the best things are:
It's free
The cheap SMS reminder service (the new update meant that only one text was sent to a client who had multiple bookings that day, saving money and confusion)
It is customisable - opening hours, groups, services, variation in prices (for apprentice, senior therapists etc)
individual logins for therapists, which limits access to certain areas
Easy to add extra treatments, therapists and rearrange columns

The not so good bit:
Ummm can't think of any
Actually it can be a bit slow, but I can cope with it.

What it could do better:
A couple more reports on the actual client. Top clients by frequency and top clients by average spend for example
I had a I couple of other suggestions but I can't think now.

I don't use the online booking system, I want complete control over appointments.

Overall for being completely free, being able to access your salon diary from any computer, having an unlimited amount of therapists/stylists and services it is great.

I bought a cheap salon software (can't for the life of me remember what it was) and literally 3 days after installing it my laptop broke and the company would not issue me another licence code as I could be using it in another location and I didn't buy that , I bought single use! I was gob soaked by the apauling customer service!

I have nothing but great support from the salon lite team, no matter how silly my question is someone always answers it.

Xx

Just to add - yes, there are competitors with similar-ish systems, but two things to bear in mind:

- we've been in the industry for 20 years (I've been supporting salons and spas with our software for 15 of them, so I can attest to this), so we know how and why things work.

- Before going with any system, check on the pricing structure. Is it actually free (like Salonlite) or is there a charge for a certain amount of treatments, clients, or do they charge per appointment that goes through the system? As far as I'm aware, Salonlite is the only system that doesn't.

I've just started using Salonlite and I am loving it. For the most part it even works on my blackberry (for some reason the changes I've made haven't been picked up by my mobile site but I believe it is being looked into) although its not really optimised for blackberry I believe, which is a shame but I'm getting an iPad off Santa so hopefully that will reduce the need to use it on my blackberry so all will be well with the world again. Other than that I absolutely love it xx

I love it, cant wait for the app to come out.
Its so simple to use

Haha just figured out what I've done. When you change your salon opening hours you also have to change your hours as an employee. Now it even works properly on my blackberry. Love it even more than I did half an hour ago. Xx

I've just started using Salonlite and I am loving it. For the most part it even works on my blackberry (for some reason the changes I've made haven't been picked up by my mobile site but I believe it is being looked into) although its not really optimised for blackberry I believe, which is a shame but I'm getting an iPad off Santa so hopefully that will reduce the need to use it on my blackberry so all will be well with the world again. Other than that I absolutely love it xx

We've tried to make it work generally over anything that's got access to the internet, but unfortunately there's some things we can't control, and the browser on the Blackberry does some very weird things!

The original design was really aimed at iPad users, so I think you'll be very pleased when you get to test it out (presuming you manage to stay on Santas 'nice' list!)

I have used Salonlite since the end of April and I thoroughly recommend it. I had a couple of glitches in the beginning but otherwise its been great and they have been very helpful with their support.

We've tried to make it work generally over anything that's got access to the internet, but unfortunately there's some things we can't control, and the browser on the Blackberry does some very weird things!

The original design was really aimed at iPad users, so I think you'll be very pleased when you get to test it out (presuming you manage to stay on Santas 'nice' list!)

I have changed my working times as an employee as well as my opening times and that has fixed the problem with my blackberry. All is well with the world once again. X

ive just tried setting it up and testing it as a client there seems to be a couple of problems so I have just contacted them so will see if it resolves any issues otherwise I might just stick with salonium.

ive just tried setting it up and testing it as a client there seems to be a couple of problems so I have just contacted them so will see if it resolves any issues otherwise I might just stick with salonium.

Hi Tina,

Did you contact us from the email starting tina_2204? Looks like we've responded this morning.

If not, feel free to give me a shout!

Latest posts

Back