Sam Biddle class booked - question about fake fingers for the class

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I am really excited, I have just booked my first Sam Biddle class :) In my correspondence with her I have a list of things I need for the class. One of them is a fake finger which I have ordered from the Internet. I have included an image with this message in case you're not sure what I mean, its not very good quality sorry.

This tool enables you to sculpt without the need for a model, my question is, if anyone knows - when you have finished sculpting your design can you then remove it from the fake finger cos they are pretty unsightly looking. I was wondering if I put solar oil onto the "nail plate" this would stop it adhering completely. What do you think? Can anyone suggest anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

anne xx

Attachments

• fakeFinger.jpg
    fakeFinger.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 57
Do you not have a nail trainer as this would be way better?

I do have the nail trainer but it says to take one of the fake fingers, I suppose its to cut down on the bulk of products and tools when attending.

anne xx

are you doing a fantasy class?

you can slot a tip into a groove on those fingers so if you work on top of that you'd be able to remove it afterwards.

I have been using a practise hand for Design work at the moment....and I use a coat of one day glue onto the naibed first then I can prise my sculpted nail off.

I know when Sam is demo'ing she uses a couple of coats of UV30 (EzFlow) onto a persons nail so that the fantasy nail can be taken off without damage. Maybe it would work on the practise finger too! HTH

Have a great day with Sam, she is amazing and so generous with her knowledge.

I have been using a practise hand for Design work at the moment....and I use a coat of one day glue onto the naibed first then I can prise my sculpted nail off.

I know when Sam is demo'ing she uses a couple of coats of UV30 (EzFlow) onto a persons nail so that the fantasy nail can be taken off without damage. Maybe it would work on the practise finger too! HTH

Have a great day with Sam, she is amazing and so generous with her knowledge.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far.

Izzi I did wonder about using the one day glue from NFu.Oh, I am putting in an order soon as I need some more corsets so I will order that as well!

angel fingers - I am doing the Design class as it is on special offer at the moment. I am thinking of doing the Fantasy and Photographic class when Sam is in Sheffield as it is nearer to me. I also fancy doing the 3 taster classes, the problem with me is I want to do everything and yesterday :eek: :lol:

anne xx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies so far.

Izzi I did wonder about using the one day glue from NFu.Oh, I am putting in an order soon as I need some more corsets so I will order that as well!

angel fingers - I am doing the Design class as it is on special offer at the moment. I am thinking of doing the Fantasy and Photographic class when Sam is in Sheffield as it is nearer to me. I also fancy doing the 3 taster classes, the problem with me is I want to do everything and yesterday :eek: :lol:

anne xx

ive taken a couple of sams classes, you'll really be fired up.
some people believe theres no market for design work, but you also learn so much about product control that its a really valuable lesson for all.

Apparently the design class is for more salon viable nails. But I totally agree with you, all learning can only be a good thing. I totally love nail art be it salon viable or fantasy. To me personally, who loves art forms of all types, the nail is actually my favourite canvas :)

anne xx

I'm going to this one too, be great to see you again:hug:

Don't worry too much about the fake finger thing, Sam will show you lots of different methods :)

Be prepared to blow your mind!

I'm going to this one too, be great to see you again:hug:

Don't worry too much about the fake finger thing, Sam will show you lots of different methods :)

Be prepared to blow your mind!

I know I can't wait!! I have all her downloads, dvd's and book. I am hoping she will sign my book when I am there. It will be my first class with Sam. I have found that Sam is really giving with her knowledge, I did a 3d competition at college recently and I emailed her to see if she would critique my work and she was so willing and I learned a lot from that one critique :) Not to mention that her resources were my first port of call when doing my little creations, I came 2nd in the whole year, that would not have happened without learning skills from Sam's dvd's etc.

anne xx

Latest posts

Back