Scalp psoriasis help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattedDream

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone help me get rid of my scalp psoriasis its so annoying what works what doesn't? i hear tea tree shampoo does than doesn't and that olive works too i tried the T shampoo it didnt work and makes my hair smell i tried it for a month and did nothing i need either a home remedy or something i can do without a prescription. can anyone help?

thank you.

I have had head to toe psoriasis for over 10 years and it's been a long road of trial and error as what works for one doesn't mean it will work for someone else :(

For me my biggest discovery was that i cant use anything with SLS ( sodium laureth sulfate :evil: ) in it. SLS is a foaming agent and is in EVERYTHING!! It dries ur skin out and makes it worse. I now use E45 shampoo and head & shoulders sensitive scalp conditioner and E45 shower cream. I comb my hair thoroughly before I wash it and will even use a nit comb to help remove flakes. Blow dry your hair every time to get flakes out and try to wash it every day or the flakes build up. Also anti dandruff stuff won't work as psoriasis isn't dandruff. I also found sunshine helps but don't forget the sun cream! ;) Oh and products can irritate it too (like hairspray and mousse) so don't forget to wash it out asap.

I have had so much stuff from the docs but now I don't really use it as it's not very effective for long, normally smells and is greasy. I do rub a hydrocortozone cream along my hairline patches and ears before bed but thats it.

I know it sucks but remember ur not alone! :hug: Inbox me if u need to

I have had head to toe psoriasis for over 10 years and it's been a long road of trial and error as what works for one doesn't mean it will work for someone else :(

For me my biggest discovery was that i cant use anything with SLS ( sodium laureth sulfate :evil: ) in it. SLS is a foaming agent and is in EVERYTHING!! It dries ur skin out and makes it worse. I now use E45 shampoo and head & shoulders sensitive scalp conditioner and E45 shower cream. I comb my hair thoroughly before I wash it and will even use a nit comb to help remove flakes. Blow dry your hair every time to get flakes out and try to wash it every day or the flakes build up. Also anti dandruff stuff won't work as psoriasis isn't dandruff. I also found sunshine helps but don't forget the sun cream! ;) Oh and products can irritate it too (like hairspray and mousse) so don't forget to wash it out asap.

I have had so much stuff from the docs but now I don't really use it as it's not very effective for long, normally smells and is greasy. I do rub a hydrocortozone cream along my hairline patches and ears before bed but thats it.

I know it sucks but remember ur not alone! :hug: Inbox me if u need to

Cherry bow I do the exact same things! (nit comb,blow dryer) everytime i do my hair.
scalp psoriasis is horrible and depressing. Ive had it constantly since I was 9 (am 27 now) I know what you are both going through. people who don't have it (family & friends) don't seem to understand why I get so down.
My doctor recently prescribed me an ointment that you put on before bed and wash out in the morning and its actually making a difference!! Its rather greasy so you cant really go out with it on. I cant remember the name off my head but as soon as im home ill tell you what it is (it may help/may not but worth a try I guess?)
Xx

This thread has been great to read as I was told I had scalp psoriasis recently which led to facial celulitis. I'll be following some of your tips to try and get rid of it. Thanks again x

It's called xamiol gel. Xx

Hello ladies, I do/have worked & helped many people suffering from Psoriasis. I know what a defeating condition this can be but you're not alone & it can be sorted out so don't lose hope! If you have a spare moment take a look at this testimonial HERE. Hope this helps

It's called xamiol gel. Xx

Thanks Hon :hug: I'll give it a try at some point. I used a liquid called betnovate at one point which was good but I found it really made my scalp sting.

It's kinda re-assuring seeing other folk speak up about psoriasis as it's such a mis-understood problem. There's a great forum at Psoriasis Help Organisation - Index which is great for anyone with the condition xx

Hello
I am a psorasis sufferer also.
I have just introduced Morroccan oil as a brand in my salon.
The shampoo and conditioners are sulphate,parabin, and sodium free.
the oil is free of silicones.I use the oil at night and massage it into my scalp.
It doesnt leave a build up and it is really soothing.
I use a pump or two of regular oil post shamppo and condition.
It makes my hair feel amazing.
Aveda did a scalp soothing lotion which was good.
Hope this helps. :D

thank you so much for your help guys really appreciate it a lot i just found out i had it and its so annoying i use to have out breaks on my arms but i just found out that i have it on my scalp as well. UGH its so annoying and painful at times. anyways i wanted to thank you all for your reply's on this issue if you come across any other information please feel free to reply.

THANK YOU. :biggrin:

Aloe Propolis creme on the scalp, use aloe liquid soap, or aloe shampoo and conditioning rinse for the hair, and to add a boost to your immune system, the aloe drinking gel too.

It works. I can forward you a contact number if you wish. 60 day money back guarantee (no quibble), if you decide it's not for you.

My dad has psorasis and he using Argon Oil and it has cleared it up so much!! Definately worth a go a few people i know have used it and its worked. He uses an argon black soup (it looks like tar and doesnt smell nice but works) then he uses a moisturiser and an oil.

He gets his supply from Morrocco but failing that you can order it off ebay.

good luck i hope it works for you x

Hello,

Can someone help me get rid of my scalp psoriasis its so annoying what works what doesn't? i hear tea tree shampoo does than doesn't and that olive works too i tried the T shampoo it didnt work and makes my hair smell i tried it for a month and did nothing i need either a home remedy or something i can do without a prescription. can anyone help?

thank you.

Redken are all ph balanced! I've seen it for my own eyes! So I would recommend the all soft range if you have thick hair! Or the body full if you have fine hair! This will stop the itching, and thr dryness!

Phrosis is a build up of skin cells that haven't shedded. That's all. Colouring your hair will also help remove the flakes :) xx

Latest posts

Back