Scared and excited!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolliDolli

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while :)O) I've been so busy (and stressed)

Just over a month ago I posted about starting a new job, but that hasn't worked at all.
They haven't paid me right, didn't put dinners in our columns (doing 12 hour shifts!) I brought this up with the owner and she didn't even care.

So today I had yet another meeting with her and ended up handing in my notice. I know it's what's right for me, I can't stay there. So I'm going to start up on my own doing mobile work (done this before, already have all my own equipment) except this time I don't have my parents to fall back on. Scared.

You all probably think I'm bonkers, I've got 2 weeks to set everything up and take it from there. I'm so scared but I've also wanted this for so long, have everything set in place, business plan etc, just never had the balls to do it!!

Am I crazy?!

Laura xx

Not crazy at all I know how you feel! I'm in a rubbish situation at work I'm full time but do mobile in evenings, I'm being underpaid, awful hours and just general bad boss keep dreaming about packing it all in and going mobile ft but I need to build up clientele!
Good luck and wish you all the best , you can do it :) xx

Not crazy, I wish I could find the balls. I keep threatening to do it but still finding excuses not too

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

more like awesommmmme!

I also wish I had the balls, in the same situation - less the equipment. Im currently saving and slowly buying everything I need to go mobile. Also, theres a few more courses I would like to do. It all seems so far away and cant wait to be in your position where I hand in my notice and go it alone!

Good for you J

I assume you were mobile before and haven't yet read your previous post, what made you give it up (if you don’t mind me asking)?

xx

I know exactly how your feeling! I handed my notice in on Monday to become self-employed, I am terrified! But it was the right choice for me, They worked me to the bone, and promised me the world and ripped it out from under my feet. I was physically and mentally drained and knew that it was time! Good luck in your new venture! xxx

I know exactly how your feeling! I handed my notice in on Monday to become self-employed, I am terrified! But it was the right choice for me, They worked me to the bone, and promised me the world and ripped it out from under my feet. I was physically and mentally drained and knew that it was time! Good luck in your new venture! xxx

This is exactly me!! I've been there one month. Had so many promises of what it's going to be like, what is going to change, but the other therapists said it's been like that for months. I'm now drained, I've been taking rescue remedy as I feel anxiety coming on. All within 4 weeks.

Laura xx

more like awesommmmme!

I also wish I had the balls, in the same situation - less the equipment. Im currently saving and slowly buying everything I need to go mobile. Also, theres a few more courses I would like to do. It all seems so far away and cant wait to be in your position where I hand in my notice and go it alone!

Good for you J

I assume you were mobile before and haven't yet read your previous post, what made you give it up (if you don’t mind me asking)?

xx

I bought all my equipment over time, and started doing friends and family whilst still doing courses at college (I did 5 years) then when the salon I worked in closed as the owner moved away, I started applying for jobs. I already had a business plan (from a business course, the same plan I keep adding to and changing to this day) but I never really considered doing mobile full time, I did it for a while but then got offered a job in a spa.
I worked there part time for a year and did mobile part time, but then I got another job in a salon full time and I just couldn't do the mobile as well. I worked in this salon for 2 years, up until a month ago, when I left for this new job.

I've wanted to be self employed for a long time now, just never had the balls before. Don't really have the balls no it's more for my own sanity :) lol.

Laura xx

Just bought a load of vinylux arghhhh :D

Laura xx

ohhh.. what colours did you get??

xx

This is exactly me!! I've been there one month. Had so many promises of what it's going to be like, what is going to change, but the other therapists said it's been like that for months. I'm now drained, I've been taking rescue remedy as I feel anxiety coming on. All within 4 weeks.

Laura xx

Nightmare isn't it? I've been there for a year and a half! I just kept making excuses to not become self employed, but it was affecting my health just like you, I knew I had to throw the towel in! Congrats lovely, I wish you every success!

Ash xxx

Nightmare isn't it? I've been there for a year and a half! I just kept making excuses to not become self employed, but it was affecting my health just like you, I knew I had to throw the towel in! Congrats lovely, I wish you every success!

Ash xxx

Thank you so much. It's gonna be a long run but it'll be better in the end ❤️

Laura xx

ohhh.. what colours did you get??

xx

I already had hot Chilis and black pool (my testers lol) and I bought
Negligee
Cream puff
Clay canyon
Rock royalty
Desert poppy
Tropix
Lobster roll
Mint convertible
Sun bleached
Asphalt
Tinted love
Rouge red
Red baroness
Pink bikini

And I love them ALL!!

Laura xx

I was at a salon for 23 years...Called clients, cleaned salon, went to beauty supply etc...
Work mostly on non surgical hair replacement/wigs/exts...ONE private room...asked for a private room....had clients complaining...2 years later..NOTHING.. Gave my notice almost a year ago..opened my own studio...NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!! Clients all followed..got new ones, never doubt yourself. It's very scary but it's the best thing you can do for yourself!!

Latest posts

Back