Scared for Friday's appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
Been doing nails for years but never come across any like these. They are HUGE. Literally 4 and 5 inches long. She wants a complete soak off, reapply acrylic overlays and then Gelish.
Her own nails are awful and curled, so can't use forms either. It's going to take 3-4 hours in total.

Worried about breaking one when they are soaked off. I am charging her a lot more due to time and products etc.

I can't even use my EasySoak bowl as her nails don't fit in it!! Will have to have ordinary bowls with bowls of hot water beneath.

I know what I'm doing, just dreading it. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368625076.709357.jpg

Oh they are horrible

Just far too long and curly

You'd do her a favour by breaking them lol

I know but she wouldn't even let me take any length off when I Infilled them at the last appointment.

She has had them on for 8 years and never had a soak off!!!

They dont even look straight! How do people manage with nails like this?! I'd have my eye out! Is she wearing tips with L+P overlay or are they sculptured? Will they not come away when you soak off anyway so breaking wont matter?

Good luck! lol x

I know but she wouldn't even let me take any length off when I Infilled them at the last appointment.

Sorry just seen this post lol

so whys she wanting a soak off now ?

how thick is the acrylic ? if its a thin overlay maybe just wrap them after buffing the gelish and some of the acrylic off ?

I don't think you will need forms just overlay ,

Last edited:
Gettho nails
but .... that's not really for us to say :wink2:. even if we think it ,

if her nails make her feel like she has something unique and special about her and brings them to nailsXpress and trusts them to her then we cant really judge them , its our job but not our place to be personal.

but .... that's not really for us to say :wink2:. even if we think it ,

if her nails make her feel like she has something unique and special about her and brings them to nailsXpress and trusts them to her then we cant really judge them , its our job but not our place to be personal.

lol:Scared::wink2::lol:

they are funky tho to say least :lol:

Believe it or not, she's a teacher of maths and English.
I may well leave a bit of acrylic on as her nails are so bad beneath. I just think they will break, as they are a bit yellow and ridged from drill over filing and very dry too. She has been to a few salons around here.

Oh well I will just do what I think is best and talk her through it too, so that she understands why etc. just wish she would let me take some length off.

Believe it or not, she's a teacher of maths and English.
I may well leave a bit of acrylic on as her nails are so bad beneath. I just think they will break, as they are a bit yellow and ridged from drill over filing and very dry too. She has been to a few salons around here.

Oh well I will just do what I think is best and talk her through it too, so that she understands why etc. just wish she would let me take some length off.

I personally would not take any length off them .That length would be great for comps and things like that she seems the type that would let you do you want for nail art:idea:

After 8 years why soak off now? File down the thickness and overlay.

Well I've done them! Still just as long she wouldn't let me take any off at all. They are better though. Not as thick and slightly slimmer.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368887653.044338.jpg

wow!!! That's all I can say!

How can she DO anything with nails like that?!

well done how on earth did you manage to do them

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

You made them look fantastic, even though they are still far too long in my opinion. You should be well pleased with yourself! Gorgeous paint job!

Wow you did a fab job xxx I would of been scared lol x

Latest posts

Back