'Scary Mary' perming!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This thread is especially aimed at all the Old School, Old Farts....myself included!
Long long ago....in a far away land, folk like me, (and you), were perming our little socks off.:p
It would not be unusual to do 5 a day - every day!
As a consequence, we got pretty good at it.:cool:

Fast forward to a new century....improved lotions & potions.....science has moved on in leeps and bounds....Or has it?o_O

I'm seeing some pretty 'Scary Mary' perms on social media!
Even with the magical OLAPLEX, some hair is just not up for it! :eek:

What do you guys think?
Am I being harsh, or do you agree that some of these results, especially on longer hair, are looking very over processed.:oops:

Ha ha , that tickled me ! I once did so many perms I had no fingerprints ! I saw one that a famous celebrity stylist did on you tube ( he shall remain nameless ! ) it had so much root drag ! Talk about tension ! And it was so limp and lifeless and had obviously been touched up with a curling iron in the after pic ! [emoji23]

Oh my, best part of growing up in the 80' was watching my Mom get her hair permed! Loved going to the salon with her... So meticulous and so much care went into it.

Latest posts

Back