school pamper eve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
I have got a stand at a school pamper evening and have been told that we can charge up to £5 for a 10/15 min treatment. I am planning on doing spray tanning but then thought most people are going to be dressed in winter high neck clothes, i was going to offer a facial spray tan, how can i get round this problem? ? And has any one done spray tanning at a pamper eve like this:rolleyes:

I'm doing reflexology at a school pamper evening soon.
Initially I did think about doing tanning, but for many reasons I decided it probably wouldn't be very practical.

The clients would have to exfoliated,no deodorant on, no body lotion, make-up etc . I doubt that they will have done that prior to attending , except if perhaps they had booked before hand , and had been old to do so.
Then there is the privacy problem. Peeps will be wandering around, and looking and might be put off because it requires baring all in public.

Personally I find just spraying the face you would probably come across the same problems : make-up removal etc.

Do you think there would be many peeps just wanting their faces tanned? It is down to personal choice but to be honest I wouldn't just have my face tanned .
Sorry this sounds a bit negative, but is there not something else you could offer instead, but still promote the tanning by giving out business cards, literature etc?

Elaine x:hug:

Hi Elaine

Yes after i said i would do it i then thought about the logistics but as it only cost me £10 i thought i could use it as a marketing tool.:)

maybe you could stick a cutout sticker/stencil on say arm or stomach area in shape of a heart or flower etc and spraytan that

they can then see colour compared to their normal colour when its developed

dont ask me /how or where you get stencils/cutout stickers from lol:lol: just popped into my head as an idea - as this would be far quicker and less intrusive in a public environment

nicola
x

Jane Could you take your own models with you and do demo's on them?
That any new potential clients could see how its done, what kind of equipment/tent you use etc.

Its a fantastic idea to use the opportunity as a marketing tool.
Thats what I'm hoping to do when I do one in a few weeks time. I will be giving out tanning leaflets etc, but doing reflexology on the night.

Peeps are very nosey at some of these pamper evenings and want to see how its all done (and quite rightly so!), but are not prepared to be the guinea pigs. By taking your own guinea pigs it kinda solves the problem.

I hope yu have a very profitable evening and lots of new clients.

Do you know of any young girls (teenagers ) or mates that would be willing to model for you.?

Elaine xxxxxxxxx:hug:

jane can you not maybe do eyebrow waxing or a mini-manicure and have loads of leaflets to advertise your tanning .
i've done a few of these and always have loads of interest
good luck
tracy

Hi All

thanks for your suggestions, i was sort of put onthe spot wheni was asked but as i said after i actually thought about it it was like, ah how will that work. Like the stencil idea might try it this week end see what it looks like. As for models not sure if i could get any guinea pigs you know what teenagers are like and theres no way my mates would get there bodies out in front of any one lol. Might see if cant get the above sorted as was suggested by Tracey mini man or ped if no one else is doing it. Not really sure how these things work as not been/ or done anything like it before.

Thanks for suggestions though, appreciated as usual

I think your right it is hard, i was asked to do a school fate and although it was a great opportunity i didnt have the confidence to do it infront of lots of people. And like it was mentioned, spray tanning isnt something you can do off the cuff, prep work needs to be done for the best results.

Latest posts

Back