Scottish Beauty 2006

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoanneNYK

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm feeling awfully down as I have just missed my chance to go to the Beuty Show in London at the Docklands this year due to failing to find a babysitter :( My footlosse and fancy free college buddies all set off tommorrow leaving myself and a few other mummy's to wallow in self pity. So to cheer ourselves up we have all decided to go to Scottish Beauty in May which is being held in Edinburugh. I was just wondering if anyone has been before? What was it like and is it worth going etc? What should I take and what should I wear? Any advice etc. would be greatly appreciated as I need to cheer myself up and it would be my first show.
Thanx
:D

Hi there...Scottish Beauty is at Ingleston, Edinburgh........It is not as big a show as the London Shows but all the main companies will be there....I think it is going to be bigger this year as they are running it over 2 days the Sunday and Monday like they used to when it was at the SECC.....but we don't have as big queues as the big London shows!!:)

If I were you I would not have enhancements on and get demo nails on at all the stands to see the difference and work out your preference...I am not sure who will be working on the Creative Stand as yet as it has still to be finalised...unfortunately I won't be there as I am on holiday but Amanda Fontanarrosa was there last year demonstrating Custom Colour Blending and was fabulous....................

So wear comfy shoes, you don't want to get sore feet walking about!!....there are usually good deals like VAT free and buy one get 1 free etc, so take you credit card LOL and a big bag!!!

Sunday will be busy....but then the Monday should be busy too as most colleges take their students there on the Monday!....HTH

Hi

I have attended this show since it started and would recommend you go. Its the only nail thing we really have I sometimes feel we get left out in Scotland :Scared: . It also give you the chance so see alot of demos and products etc. I dont think there is any lectures re nails this year im not sure.

It has always been a scorching sunny too which then puts you in a good mood and then you spend more money.

Not so good on the freebies though didnt manage to really get anything.

Thanks I'll definitely remember my suitcases and my comfy shoes, I can't wait. I had better take my 'clicky' pen for all the cheques I will be writing :)

Hi,

I've been once a couple of years ago and I'm definately going down this year on the Monday.

I'm really looking forward to it!

My boss is taking us this year on the sunday. i havent been before and cant wait to see what its like. I really want to go the bigger ones in london but for now im skint.

Latest posts

Back