Scottish Beauty Show teeth whitening interrogation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeBakeLover99

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

A little while ago I was reading a thread about how teeth whitening is now illegal in the uk, unless your a qualified dentist. Funnily enough when at the scottish beauty show today there was lots of teeth whitening companies around, so my friend and I thought we would dig out some info.

The first lady said "oh its not illegal because this solution has no peroxide in it at all"..... and the second man (with the same company) said "its not illegal because it has less that 0.1% peroxide in it and the law now states thats anything more than that is illegal."

So now im confused! why did they say different things? Are they lying through their teeth ;-) no pun intended, or are they correct??

also they are selling training on this, not just solution to use at home!

Im hoping someone can help :)

Babtac do not insure teeth whitening at all, above a certain percentage of Peroxide (BABTAC can confirm) is Dentists only

As of October 2012 only a registered dentist can supply and administer a teeth whitening treatment that has 0.1% to 6% peroxide (over 6% isn't allowed).

If you have any questions about it talk to the General Dental Council or British Dental Association.

Hey everyone :)

A little while ago I was reading a thread about how teeth whitening is now illegal in the uk, unless your a qualified dentist. Funnily enough when at the scottish beauty show today there was lots of teeth whitening companies around, so my friend and I thought we would dig out some info.

The first lady said "oh its not illegal because this solution has no peroxide in it at all"..... and the second man (with the same company) said "its not illegal because it has less that 0.1% peroxide in it and the law now states thats anything more than that is illegal."

So now im confused! why did they say different things? Are they lying through their teeth ;-) no pun intended, or are they correct??

also they are selling training on this, not just solution to use at home!

Im hoping someone can help :)
Hope this helps with your question;
Dentists are the only body who can administer up to no more that 6% Hydrogen Peroxide. Non dentists can sell products up to no more than 0.1% which is pretty useless for teeth whitening. Pearlys products are Sodium Perborate based (the activetooth whitener ingredient), and this is completely legal for a non dentist to sell. You do however have to be aware of the facts e.g. Only a dentist can go into a clients mouth, a therapist can only guide, coach & advise on a self administered basis. We cover, legals, consultation, procdures etc on our Training Course. Pearlys have worked closely with Insurance underwriters and we also cover this on the day. Please call ABC Hair & Beauty Supplies & Training on 01383 624236 if you have any other questions. Our next course is 29th July

Latest posts

Back