Sculptured nails rebalance & new colour help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnailamilo

Reaction score
Hi, I am booked to do a rebalance on a set of sculptured gel nails, and she wants them changing from french tips to glitter, would I cut off the tip, thin zone 2 and 3 add the form and do the glitter tips??? also I have a lady, wanting to change her coloured acrylic to silver glitter ( has tip & overlay ) should I just file of the acrylic or soak off and new set???? also what do you charge for this , a rebalance price or new set ???? Thanks xxx

my clients change freely between glitters and whites, i just thin down the tip area really well and rebalance. i charge as a regular rebalance.

if i had a colour i just couldnt cover i think i would cut off the tips and sculpt new tips in the required colour. i guess i'd charge a price between rebalance and a new set cost.

I class colour changes as a new full set.. do a full soak off to check nail plates (especially if they have a solid colour on covering the nail bed) and apply a full new set.

As mentioned earlier, I would thin the tips out to almost the bare nail, then reapply the acrylic. I would NEVER cut the tips off EVER as it can cause alot of trauma to the natural nail. To cover the glitter again with white I would just thin down and repeat the procedure. If they wanted a more natural powder after the glitter I would probably soak off rather than cut the tips!

I would NEVER cut the tips of EVER as it can cause alot of trauma to the natural nail.

Side Note: I have noticed this alot on here at the moment and from a few other techs in the flesh... the cutting of an enhancements tip!... I would dearly love to grab these techs and cut their tips off, show them just how much it hurts! the shock it sends up the nail bed can be very owwie!

I was trained to bring the length down by file - NEVER CUT :eek:

Latest posts

Back