Sealing Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandSam Nails

Reaction score
Can I ask do any of you seal minx on hands and cure? If so do they last much longer have just brought Into shellac and must practise just wondered if any of you had already and what the outcome was?

I only really do Minx on toes, but as an experiment, I sealed my Minx with Shellac on my fingers and they lasted for 10 days and still looked prefect.

I actually took them off because I was bored with the design.

You would just need to apply your Minx as normal and then apply your Shellac base coat on the top of the Minx, making sure to seal as usual and cure for 10 seconds... then apply a layer of Shellac top coat and cure for two minutes and wipe off the inhib layer and you're good to go.

Just remember, your client would need to return to the Salon to have them removed.

HTHs

I only really do Minx on toes, but as an experiment, I sealed my Minx with Shellac on my fingers and they lasted for 10 days and still looked prefect.

I actually took them off because I was bored with the design.

You would just need to apply your Minx as normal and then apply your Shellac base coat on the top of the Minx, making sure to seal as usual and cure for 10 seconds... then apply a layer of Shellac top coat and cure for two minutes and wipe off the inhib layer and you're good to go.

Just remember, your client would need to return to the Salon to have them removed.

HTHs

Might try this myself, thanks An*Gel :) xx

Might try this myself, thanks An*Gel :) xx

It helps to leave a tiny margin when applying the Minx, so when you apply the Shellac, it will adhere better to the nail.

:)

I sometimes put a UV gel top coat on top on minx on fingers, but just recently a couple of my clients haven managed to wear them for over 1 week and without any problems of lifting etc. In fact one lady popped in on Saturday for a repair as she broke her natural nail and the minx was holding it together.

I couldnt save her nail so did one extension in clear and then applied a new minx on that nail. she said "I dont think I could ever go back to just plain polish or the like again, I just love the patterns and colours". Another lady having her hair done overheard this and came over to look at my ladies Gold Lightning Cheetah nails. She then booked herself in for some for halloween and christmas.

It is still selling well with me. I always explain that they last several weeks on toes and around a week (depending on what you do with your hands) on fingers.

I just had a client in this morning that had both Shellac and Minx applied three weeks ago. I Minxed her two ring fingers and her thumbs and sealed them with Shellac Base and Top Coat and I did Shellac on the rest and they were absolutely perfect when she came back.

Absolutely gutted I didn't take a photo!

I just had a client in this morning that had both Shellac and Minx applied three weeks ago. I Minxed her two ring fingers and her thumbs and sealed them with Shellac Base and Top Coat and I did Shellac on the rest and they were absolutely perfect when she came back.

Absolutely gutted I didn't take a photo!

Always the way!!! Well done you though :) I have my first client booked in for the 18th November, she's going away to Centre Parcs so wants eyebrows and lashes tinted and wants Minx on both Fingers and Toes. Warned her that they won't last very well on fingers but forgot about this little tip, so will do it on her and hopefully they'll last a bit longer for her :) xx

I know they have to be soaked off the fingers, but I must say, they soaked off so fast and my client was thrilled.

She went for the same thing again in a different colour and is booked in for 3 weeks time, so hopefully her Minx and Shellac will be as perfect next time and I'll be sure to have the camera at the ready! :)

I do exactly the same as you angel on my clients hands with the shellac the result is much longer wear and very happy clients!

Did a client yesterday she had the black & silver metallic spiders webs on 3 fingers and the metallic silver black widow spiders on the ones in between for halloween. They looked great, wish I could post pics! :)

I do exactly the same as you angel on my clients hands with the shellac the result is much longer wear and very happy clients!

Well it's nice to have the option to do it.

I know Minx lasts really well on toes and a lot of clients are more than happy with the way Minx lasts on their fingers, some get longer than others, just like a normal manicure and they love the way they can take them off themselves at home.

I would only seal the Minx if the client wanted it to last a long time and it's ideal to do it while doing a Shellac service, as the client needs to return to have her Shellac removed anyway.

Latest posts

Back