Seche Gel Lacquer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc69

Reaction score
Is anybody using the new Seche Gel Lacquer, if so how are you finding it and how are you pricing it. Would be very interested in anyone's thoughts on this ta:)

I've been looking at seche gel too, use shellac at the moment but looking into also doing seche gel or gelish, would also like other opionions too :confused:

Hi Geeks,

I am using the Seche gel lacquer and its great!!

They only have 12 colours at the mo, but are bringing out another 12 before xmas.

It applies just like polish and no streaking at all.

Top tip is to apply the base coat, cure for 2 mins then dab with a lint free wipe as too much base will make colour run when you apply.

I price it at £22.00 as this is the price of a standard mani in my salon.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Hope this helps x:)

Thanks, have to make my mind up seche or gelish seche or gelish oh decisions decisions :confused:

I found that gelish had loads of colours but not all i liked and to set up with them was a hell of a lot of cash!

Also, this sounds funny, but i know my clients would instantly say "GELish!"...."I dont want GEL!!!!" The name would put them off! Silly but i can see it happening
x

Where do you get your seche gel lacquer from? Just been on Perfect nails web site but they seem to only have 1 colour?????? :hug:

From Louella Belle, Which is perfect Nails I think. The website is being updated at the mo, so they are not on there as yet.

Give them a call and they can help over the phone. If you want to know prices I can PM you x:)

Thanks already have prices e-mailed them a while back, will give them a ring.:hug:

Excellent, Well, I for one highly recommend it! x:)

Great, glad someone is using it, was getting a bit worried, I've bought the kit, arrived today, just waiting for my lamp, but searched everywhere for a hint of a review or something there is nothing anywhere. I'm a massive Seche Vite fan so this is why I was attracted to the Seche Gel, was thinking I was the only one. Very happy that you love it, cant wait to get started. Just the pricing thats the issue, as things up north are not as expensive and I'm also mobile so ddont want to price myself out of the market, but also ont wanna under sell myself... Thanks for great feeback up to now :green:

Great, glad someone is using it, was getting a bit worried, I've bought the kit, arrived today, just waiting for my lamp, but searched everywhere for a hint of a review or something there is nothing anywhere. I'm a massive Seche Vite fan so this is why I was attracted to the Seche Gel, was thinking I was the only one. Very happy that you love it, cant wait to get started. Just the pricing thats the issue, as things up north are not as expensive and I'm also mobile so ddont want to price myself out of the market, but also ont wanna under sell myself... Thanks for great feeback up to now :green:

Hi Amanda,
I cant stop singing its praises! Its such a fantastic product. My clients have been over the moon.
I have had my kit 2 weeks and already done 10 sets!
I even use it over gel as it gives a better look than coloured gels.

I really wanted to go with Shellac but the stock issues worried the life out of me!

My salon is in a very pricey area so I am lucky to be able to charge high, But if i didnt have stock to do the treatments my clients would give me hell!!!! x:)

Thanks Vikki, I'm so excited to start now, hope all goes as well as has with you, fingers crossed :green:

I found that gelish had loads of colours but not all i liked and to set up with them was a hell of a lot of cash!

Also, this sounds funny, but i know my clients would instantly say "GELish!"...."I dont want GEL!!!!" The name would put them off! Silly but i can see it happening
x
Just wondering why you would concern with clients saying GEL to gelish when the one you use is called Seche Gel Lacquer, what do you tell them it's called?
Just wondered as I have not come across this reaction from any clients with gelish or shellac!

At last I have made a decision & ordered seche gel lacquer the full kit.:)

Hi Amanda,
I cant stop singing its praises! Its such a fantastic product. My clients have been over the moon.
I have had my kit 2 weeks and already done 10 sets!
I even use it over gel as it gives a better look than coloured gels.

I really wanted to go with Shellac but the stock issues worried the life out of me!

My salon is in a very pricey area so I am lucky to be able to charge high, But if i didnt have stock to do the treatments my clients would give me hell!!!! x:)

hi vikki
just wondered if you can tell me do you have to gently buff the nail to remove shine before base coat ??

hi vikki
just wondered if you can tell me do you have to gently buff the nail to remove shine before base coat ??

Hi Nikki,
I would only remove any dead tissue, if the client's nails are in good condition i would just do a good cleanse.
Have to ask them not to touch the nails after i have cleansed as they always seem to want to run a finger down the nail!...whats with that!!! haha x:)

Just wondering why you would concern with clients saying GEL to gelish when the one you use is called Seche Gel Lacquer, what do you tell them it's called?
Just wondered as I have not come across this reaction from any clients with gelish or shellac!

I know it sounds mental! But I have known most of my clients for 5 / 10 years ( natural nail clients) and most of them I have been trying to convert to gel for that time with little success!

No matter how much I explain that the gel is not going to cause their nails to disappear or be damaged forever beyond repair they cant get their heads around it as in 'good old Essex' we have dodgy 'nail bar's' on every corner destroying people's nails and tarring all nail tech's with the same brush.

I promote the product by brand name 'Seche' Thats what is on the posters in the salon, the flyers at the reception, and the email newsletters that go out to my clients. This way the clients will enquire about the product before poo, pooing the idea straight off as it contains three tiny letters.....G...E....L!!

Once I have a chance to discuss that although the product acts as a gel, i will not have to buff their natural nails, apply a gel base ( as with a coloured gel) and when removed the nails are not damaged in anyway. They are more open to the idea and many have booked.

As I stated before, I would have LOVED shellac but the stock issues concern me greatly! All i see on the S2 website is 'Out of stock' and all i see on here is techs stressed that they cant get product. Once the stock issues have been ironed out i would love to stock both of these products, maybe even some gelish colours for my clients who dont think gel was created by the devil! haha

Hope this answers your question, I suppose I have rambled on but the short version would be, I know my clients!! x

Hi Nikki,
I would only remove any dead tissue, if the client's nails are in good condition i would just do a good cleanse.
Have to ask them not to touch the nails after i have cleansed as they always seem to want to run a finger down the nail!...whats with that!!! haha x:)

God only knows my clients do this and i have to wipeand prime the nails all over again and they apolagise and say "it just feels so smooth !"
very frustrating but i dont think we could get away with tying there hands down !!:)

Wow, ordered my seche lacquer kit yesterday pm (friday) came this morning 8.30am (saturday) very impressed as I live in Jersey Channel Islands, fantastic service!!!!!!! Kit looks fab came in a lovely black carry case. Colours look great & nothing like my shellac colours so will give my clients great choice to choose between shellac & seche. Guess what I'm of to do now:lol:

Hi Nikki,

Hi Vikki
sorry to keep bombarding you with questions about seche, have you tried it on people after acrylics or thin nails ? if so how successfull?
iv been giving the gelac a little trial on a few people and its not been great :irked:!! so might ditch it and if all your seche mani's are going well i might be convinced to give it ago ...

Latest posts

Back