Seche Gel Lacquer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done my seche gel lacquer on myself to try out, easy to apply looks great, hopefully it will pass the two week test. Would not like to compare it to shellac as they are two different products. Love shellac but I am sure seche gel lacquer will also do well with my clients.Great to be able offer choice. :)

Hi Vikki
sorry to keep bombarding you with questions about seche, have you tried it on people after acrylics or thin nails ? if so how successfull?
iv been giving the gelac a little trial on a few people and its not been great :irked:!! so might ditch it and if all your seche mani's are going well i might be convinced to give it ago ...

Hi Nikki,

Dont worry! Thats what its all about, asking questions.

I have applied to a client who had been wearing extensions and whose nails were quite short and thin, but not really damaged.

She is getting on ok with them, i just make sure i do 2 coats of top coat to give a bit extra protection and try to wrap / brush it around the free edge. (whats left of it as her nails are short)

and Hazel, How exciting, Im glad you like it. xx:)

thanks for all your help its very helpfull to get opinions and views for what can be a complete mine field!!:lol:

Hi
after reading this thread i had a look on the perfect nails site as I would ideally like to do Shellac but easier said than done at the moment!! The Seche Gel kit looks great but I am wondering what lamp you would use to cure it? I only do Mani and pedi's so I don't have a lamp at all, I am also mobile so would need something portable, what do you guys use?
Thanks
Claire x

Hi Claire,

I use a 36w UV lamp to cure Seche.

2mins base coat, then dab nail with lint free wipe to remove excess.
2 layers of colour, 2 mins each
then top coat for 3 mins

Hope this helps x

just orederd my kit cant wait to try it !!!!!!:eek:

Hi Vikki
Can I ask at what stage you use the primer and also how long on average are your clients saying the Seche Gel Lacquer stays good for? Just about to place my order for starter pack, am sooo excited! Been waiting 6 months for Shellac!!

Thanks

Hi Vikki
Can I ask at what stage you use the primer and also how long on average are your clients saying the Seche Gel Lacquer stays good for? Just about to place my order for starter pack, am sooo excited! Been waiting 6 months for Shellac!!

Thanks

Hi Katie,

Yes sorry I didnt mention that bit! whoops!

I will start from the begining,

I push back cuticles, file free edge, and take off any dead tissue lightly with a buffing block.

I then apply primer to everynail. (this dries almost instantly, just make sure you dont use too much)

I then apply base coat, cure for 2mins, then lightly dab away excess with a lint free wipe ( remember to dab and not wipe the nail)

Then 2 layers of colour, 2mins each.

Then Top coat 3 mins.

Just a tip, you can apply to all 5 nails at once, but on the top coat layer, i always get then to remove hand after 3 mins, i wipe 4 fingers (not thumb) and get them to pop thumb back in flat to ensure the edge is set. (30 sec's is long enough) just to be safe.

I find my clients start to see wear after 14 days or so, some can go longer and nails still look great. I say its upto 14 day wear, this when they last longer clients are over the moon but if before 14days they get a chip they are not disappointed.

Hope this helps xx

Hi Katie,

I push back cuticles, file free edge, and take off any dead tissue lightly with a buffing block.

I then apply primer to everynail. (this dries almost instantly, just make sure you dont use too much)

I then apply base coat, cure for 2mins, then lightly dab away excess with a lint free wipe ( remember to dab and not wipe the nail)

Then Top coat 3 mins.

Just a tip, you can apply to all 5 nails at once, but on the top coat layer, i always get then to remove hand after 3 mins, i wipe 4 fingers (not thumb) and get them to pop thumb back in flat to ensure the edge is set. (30 sec's is long enough) just to be safe.

I find my clients start to see wear after 14 days or so, some can go longer and nails still look great. I say its upto 14 day wear, this when they last longer clients are over the moon but if before 14days they get a chip they are not disappointed.

Hope this helps xx

your so good with all your advise and little tricks vikki thank u soooo much :hug:

your so good with all your advise and little tricks vikki thank u soooo much :hug:

Ahh, Thanks Nikki!

Thats what its all about. I love the site for that. xx:)

Will Seche cure with a LED as well as UV.?

I wonder if this is the way gels will start to go.
The LED is so quick & i'm sure the price for the LED lamp will come down eventually.

That was one of my reasons for going with Gelish as it cures with both UV & LED
Also the 48 colour range with another 36 due very soon...

Hey Vikki, you're gonna have to start charging for your advice soon ha ha. Just a quickie, a couple of times when I have finished the nails and wipe over with the cleanser, some of the polish must still be a little wet as a small amount removes near the tip, what could i be doing wrong any ideas please, thanks in advance. I cure all for the lenghts of times you said earlier, if not slightly longer sometimes. I use the light i got from Louellabelle, a 36 watt...:confused:

Hi
after reading this thread i had a look on the perfect nails site as I would ideally like to do Shellac but easier said than done at the moment!! The Seche Gel kit looks great but I am wondering what lamp you would use to cure it? I only do Mani and pedi's so I don't have a lamp at all, I am also mobile so would need something portable, what do you guys use?
Thanks
Claire x

Hi Claire, I got my light from Louella belle with my kit was only £59, thought was quite resonable, and i'm mobile too, its not the tinyest of things but portable enough

Amanda x

Hey Vikki, you're gonna have to start charging for your advice soon ha ha. Just a quickie, a couple of times when I have finished the nails and wipe over with the cleanser, some of the polish must still be a little wet as a small amount removes near the tip, what could i be doing wrong any ideas please, thanks in advance. I cure all for the lenghts of times you said earlier, if not slightly longer sometimes. I use the light i got from Louellabelle, a 36 watt...:confused:

possibly not coating well with the top coat. its easy to see where you have covered with a colour layer, but not as visible with clear.
id say you are probably lifting your brush slightly as you reach the tip of the nail and not completely sealing in all of the colour. make sure to bring the top coat right over the edge of the tip to enclose the colour layer perfectly.

possibly not coating well with the top coat. its easy to see where you have covered with a colour layer, but not as visible with clear.
id say you are probably lifting your brush slightly as you reach the tip of the nail and not completely sealing in all of the colour. make sure to bring the top coat right over the edge of the tip to enclose the colour layer perfectly.

Ah fab thanks for that will keep my eyes on it now,love this site so helpful:green:

Hi Katie,

Then Top coat 3 mins.

Hope this helps xx

Why do you need to use primer? also why do you need to buff nail plate would you not be able to remove non living tissue (cuticle) from the nail plate with a tool? I know with shellac there is no primer needed or removing shine either, just cleanse nail plate as per with any procedure. I am just curious as if it not a gel as such would not require these products.

xxx

You guys should try Geleration by Jessica Its incredible!!!!
sets in 30 seconds with an LED lamp, and lasts ages!!! im obsessed!!!!

Amanda, this is right, If you are unsure, Just do a layer of top coat, cure for 1 min, then re apply top coat and cure for 3 mins.

Seche do say, 1-2 coats of top coat. I have always found 1 to be enough but have done 2 over mine just to give my colour a bit more protection when im buffing.

worth a try with 2 coats, you will be sure to cover in 2 xx

Why do you need to use primer? also why do you need to buff nail plate would you not be able to remove non living tissue (cuticle) from the nail plate with a tool? I know with shellac there is no primer needed or removing shine either, just cleanse nail plate as per with any procedure. I am just curious as if it not a gel as such would not require these products.

xxx

Hi Katiebbaby!

Seche is a gel lacquer. I do not buff over the entire nail plate, just lightly buff any 'flaky bits' around free edge, this is purely precautionary really. Just to ensure that the 'flake' doesnt lift the polish.

Of course around cuticle you can use a tool, which i do, but after i like to just run the file over (lightly) again to ensure there is no non living tissue left on the nail plate. As if there is the polish will shrink back.

There is no rule to say that you have to buff these areas at all, but i just find i get a better end result and the seche lasts the full 14 days.

The prep primer is also precautionary, just to dehydrate the nail and ensure there is no oil's left on the nail plate before application of the base coat, I only use this when applying to natural nails, over gels i dont bother.

Hope this answers your question? Sorry its long winded, im good at ramberling! haha x

Will Seche cure with a LED as well as UV.?

I wonder if this is the way gels will start to go.
The LED is so quick & i'm sure the price for the LED lamp will come down eventually.

That was one of my reasons for going with Gelish as it cures with both UV & LED
Also the 48 colour range with another 36 due very soon...

Hi, I dont think it does?!

But that is something i want to know now so I will be asking Louella Belle!

I too hope the price of LED comes down soon, Sure it will, as with everything. I saw the Gelish at Olympia setting in 30 secs, I was amazed! haha (easily impressed!) Mind you, Im not sure i can work that quickly! haha x

Latest posts

Back