Seche Gel Lacquer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Katiebbaby!

Seche is a gel lacquer. I do not buff over the entire nail plate, just lightly buff any 'flaky bits' around free edge, this is purely precautionary really. Just to ensure that the 'flake' doesnt lift the polish.

Of course around cuticle you can use a tool, which i do, but after i like to just run the file over (lightly) again to ensure there is no non living tissue left on the nail plate. As if there is the polish will shrink back.

There is no rule to say that you have to buff these areas at all, but i just find i get a better end result and the seche lasts the full 14 days.

The prep primer is also precautionary, just to dehydrate the nail and ensure there is no oil's left on the nail plate before application of the base coat, I only use this when applying to natural nails, over gels i dont bother.

Hope this answers your question? Sorry its long winded, im good at ramberling! haha x

Yes thankyou, however if it only serves as a dehydrator and not as a bonding agent would scrub fresh or alternative be sufficiant? I do not use primer at all only on lift proneclients if lift occours and was curious as to why use on a product such as this as it does not need to bond, Iygwim xx

Yes thankyou, however if it only serves as a dehydrator and not as a bonding agent would scrub fresh or alternative be sufficiant? I do not use primer at all only on lift proneclients if lift occours and was curious as to why use on a product such as this as it does not need to bond, Iygwim xx

Yes, as long as the nail is dehydrated there is no need for the prep primer, again, I think it just precautionary. I must admit that the name 'primer' does give an impression that it is a 'primer' in the gel / l&p sense.

To be honest, you may not even need it! I just use it as i was told to! haha ( always do as im told....???) The seche lasts fantastically on top of gels with no prep primer but i put that down to the gel. If you get my drift?
xx

Hi Claire, I got my light from Louella belle with my kit was only £59, thought was quite resonable, and i'm mobile too, its not the tinyest of things but portable enough

Amanda x

Hi Amanda
That is great thanks, with the lamp that you got, does it cure 4 fingers and the thumb at the same time? Only asking as I have heard some lamps you have to cure the thumb seperately ?
Thanks
Claire x

Hi Amanda
That is great thanks, with the lamp that you got, does it cure 4 fingers and the thumb at the same time? Only asking as I have heard some lamps you have to cure the thumb seperately ?
Thanks
Claire x

Hi Claire,

they do recommend doing the thumbs seperatley, so up to now i have been doing, however when you look at the placement of the bulbs inside i think it feasible to do all 5 will have a try and let you know the results xx

Hi Claire,

they do recommend doing the thumbs seperatley, so up to now i have been doing, however when you look at the placement of the bulbs inside i think it feasible to do all 5 will have a try and let you know the results xx

Louella belle are doing an edu ation class on 18th October for seche gel. It's only £10 if u don't have the kit- free if u do. It's then redeemable against products if u like!!! Hths x

Louella belle are doing an edu ation class on 18th October for seche gel. It's only £10 if u don't have the kit- free if u do. It's then redeemable against products if u like!!! Hths x

Downside its at head office 3-3 1/2 hr drive for us northerners, hope they do one up here :cry:

Education Day is fully booked but they might be doing some more if it goes well so fingers crossed!! only 45 mins from me so I will definately go if they do another one!

Downside its at head office 3-3 1/2 hr drive for us northerners, hope they do one up here :cry:
Yep that is a bit of a drive!! It's nearly 2 hrs for me but I'm off that day so going to take it easy and have a bit of lunch down there too. Fingers crossed that they will do a more northern one!! If there's anything you want me to ask/try etc whilst i'm there, give me a shout although Vikki is doing a great job!!

Yep that is a bit of a drive!! It's nearly 2 hrs for me but I'm off that day so going to take it easy and have a bit of lunch down there too. Fingers crossed that they will do a more northern one!! If there's anything you want me to ask/try etc whilst i'm there, give me a shout although Vikki is doing a great job!!

Ha ha ha yes she is, maybe ask for some commission for her, when you go. I've been in touch with them today an they are going to run something around Manchester, but they said not for a few weeks yet, be a good refresher anyway when it comes. They will send their rep to your salon for any help with application hints tips etc, you just need to make an appointment..

Ha ha ha yes she is, maybe ask for some commission for her, when you go. I've been in touch with them today an they are going to run something around Manchester, but they said not for a few weeks yet, be a good refresher anyway when it comes. They will send their rep to your salon for any help with application hints tips etc, you just need to make an appointment..

ooohh that would be worth doing, the class wasnt too far for me i dont think ??(not great with geograthy!!) but id find that much easier coming to me :), got my kit this morning cant wait totry it out :green:

ooohh that would be worth doing, the class wasnt too far for me i dont think ??(not great with geograthy!!) but id find that much easier coming to me :), got my kit this morning cant wait totry it out :green:

Dont know if they only come out to you if no course nearby, but def worth a call and from what I've heard courses are full anyway. The reps are usually really good and helpful anyway and will just come to show you all latest colour, have fun and enjoy x

Haha! Yes that would be nice! I do feel like i work for them! xx:)

Haha! Yes that would be nice! I do feel like i work for them! xx:)

I'll give you a mention when I'm there and see if they'll send u some goodies hehehe! X

I'll give you a mention when I'm there and see if they'll send u some goodies hehehe! X

Post any good tips you pick up on the course pleasey please, thankyou :)

Thanks Hun!! haha. Yes let us know any tips they give you xx:)

Thanks Hun!! haha. Yes let us know any tips they give you xx:)

OMG just painted up some colour pops the colours are gorgeous !!!!
cant wait to seethe next 12 !!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

pics please just been taking photos as do people so not seen em all yet, never thought of doing that dur!!!!!

Welcome to Facebook

ooohh ur face book pics look good !!
my colour pops aint perfect there old ones i had nail art on and youcan see the odd remenent under neath:irked: it was just to give clients ideas

OMG just painted up some colour pops the colours are gorgeous !!!!
cant wait to seethe next 12 !!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Me neither!!! I hope they do come out before xmas as promissed!!!!!

Amanda, Love the fb page, pics look great. xx:)

Latest posts

Back