Seche Vite top coat - I'm in love!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big three refers to the chemicals DPB, formaldehyde (resin I believe) and toulene. They are considered harmful to varying degrees and most polishes are now big three free.

Seche vite contains toulene - which is thought to be harmful to unborn babies and is a potential reproductive toxin (or so google informs me :))

x

Thank you for explaining the big 3 I was also wondering what they were

Caroline x

I think I've been a bit spoilt a bit by Seche Vite; I've been using it over nail art for years and now no other top coat can measure up for lasting shine and ease of application without dragging the polish beneath. BUT...

I used to use it a few years back and my one gripe was that polish didn't last very long with it!

... I'd agree that it's not the longest lasting top coat on natural nails.

To be honest even though you may consider it as a non professional product, doesn't mean that most of the general public know about it. Most of the people I know have never heard of it, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Because aswell nowadays products like Opi essie orly and such can now be brought at boots and John Lewis, but I don't think Seche vite can. In fact it is one of the product I would retail to clients (most of my extension client just opt for a polish and nailart as it still lasts two weeks) but I haven't started retailing yet as I've only just qualified.

Just to let you know, Seche Vite is fairly widely available from Boots (where I used to buy mine as a civilian ;)) as well as online stockists like ASOS, QVC, Cult Beauty, and LookFantastic.

It regularly pops up in consumer magazine beauty awards, like InStyle's Best Beauty Buys, which might be a help if you do decide to retail as clients may know it without realising they do, IYKWIM.

How long does it take to dry polish?

I didn't know it was available in boots I've never seen it and used to buy mine before I trained from Sally's because there was no where else. Maybe it's all changed in the past year though as I know boots have only just started to sell brands like essie and such so obviously I was wrong sorry. But still doesn't stop us retailing I suppose. Same with Opi, I used to buy them just from salons or from Sally's, I never brought from John Lewis.

I didn't know it was available in boots I've never seen it and used to buy mine before I trained from Sally's because there was no where else. Maybe it's all changed in the past year though as I know boots have only just started to sell brands like essie and such so obviously I was wrong sorry. But still doesn't stop us retailing I suppose. Same with Opi, I used to buy them just from salons or from Sally's, I never brought from John Lewis.

Yeah, it's a weird one, it hangs out on the 'random nail stuff' racks with nail adhesive tabs and white French tip pencils (!) so I reckon most consumers would overlook it.

Definitely agree that it wouldn't be a barrier to retailing it. Especially since your clients are getting to see first hand how awesome it is when you use it on them, totally different experience to them happening across it in an aisle of Boots and wondering whether or not it's any cop :biggrin:

Yeah, it's a weird one, it hangs out on the 'random nail stuff' racks with nail adhesive tabs and white French tip pencils (!) so I reckon most consumers would overlook it.

Definitely agree that it wouldn't be a barrier to retailing it. Especially since your clients are getting to see first hand how awesome it is when you use it on them, totally different experience to them happening across it in an aisle of Boots and wondering whether or not it's any cop :biggrin:

Definately I brought some for my mum when I started doing her nails because she wanted to make sure she didn't mess them up! How much is the rrp on seche vite in boots?

Definately I brought some for my mum when I started doing her nails because she wanted to make sure she didn't mess them up! How much is the rrp on seche vite in boots?

£9 in Boots.

Latest posts

Back